• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some advice re head hunger and cravings guys

yorkshirelass74

Hi guys
I am only 3 days post bypass, started on thin soup and yoghurt today, but up until today i had only had water since Sunday. While the yoghurt and soups are filling me up effortlessly, so technically i am not hungry, i am having terrible chocolate and just general food cravings, making me feel a bit miserable if i am honest. I dont regret the op at all, i am so glad i have had it done, but these cravings are a bit horrible, and food is absolutely everywhere i look!

Mona
xxx

Unfortunately there is no quick fix solution. Head hunger and cravings are something you have to learn how to deal with as part of your journey. It's best to start working on them now so that they don't become a problem later down the line.

For me, knowing that it was head hunger, not real hunger, an acknowledging that was the first step. That's easy to tell in the very early days, but can get harder to spot later on. One thing you can do is have a drink, and if you still feel hungry then you'll know it is true hunger.

Secondly for me, I use distraction. I try to keep busy and avoid the old food associations. So I would sit in the evenings watching telly with hubby and just snack all evening, and that became an association, tv and snacking. Now, I knit or sew or play games, and associate that with evening tv instead. It takes 3 weeks to set a new habit, so stick with it!

The only other advice is when you're a bit further out, don't deny yourself completely. I believe that a little of what you fancy does you good, with little being the key word. While losing, if I wanted chocolate, I had it! Didn't harm my weight loss journey at all. For now, try a chocolate flavour protein shake, it should help ease the craving and it will do you good too.

Chocolate options drinks are yummy and give a little satisfaction to the chocolate craving, only thing is the protein shake will do you a lot more good :) x

Chocolate options drinks are yummy and give a little satisfaction to the chocolate craving, only thing is the protein shake will do you a lot more good :) x
I have just sent me hubby out for an options, normally i hate hot chocolate because its not chocolatey enough, but i am sure that this time it will go down a treat!!!!!
Thanks guys
Mona
xxx

OH MY GOD
am having a chocolate orgasm lol just had a tiny bit of the options, as i wasnt hungry, just needed a choccy fix, and it was so so gorgeous!! The other thing is about the protein shakes, i havent been told anything about them, i have just been told sloppy foods such as yoghurt and thin soups, if a protein drink is like slim fast, i cant stomach it, they are bloody horrible!

:bliss: hahaha so funny!
glad you enjoyed the chocolate options so much!

Hope it gets better honey.

Charis xxx

Definately!!
thinking of divorcing hubby and marrying options!!

Back