• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you ever escape the old fat head?

phatmomma

When i say that i mean, the greedy guzzler you were?

It's well documented i've been doing weight watchers for the last 20 weeks (my lord i relocated that long ago???) and have lost 25 1/2 lbs. Not a massive number, especially considering i had a gastric bypass last year, but still a loss. Which considering i still have a nice treat most days (usually some kind of weight watcher product, or low point goodie) is good.

Anyway i weighed in last night to be given a weight gain of 1 1/2lbs. Not much in the grand scheme of things i know. But it's really thrown me as i stuck to the plan and did a load of exercise as well as walking a good 4 miles 3 days a week on top!

The result was me sitting in the meeting chomping me way through 4 w/w treat bars (2 points each), then going home to have my tea an hour later. Then eating a Rice Krispie Square before i went to bed. The only thing stopping me eating anything else was the fact that there wasn't anything naughty i wanted. Now this morning i've gone and had a scone with REAL Butter on in Sainsburys with a cup of tea (shock horror, at the same time, i never do that) and then ate a muffin as well grrrr!

I'm guessing i'm trying to sabotage myself like i've always done in the past when dieting. I'm guessing this anyway, only this time i'm doing it consciously.

I can honestly say i dont think i really really enjoyed the blow out. I just know i'm not wanting to stay at the weight i am now. If diet and exercise can get me another 30lbs off i'd be happy, although i'd like it to give me another 45lbs...

I have no reason why and would love it if any of my lovely friends on here can shed some light on to why my brain is doing this?

maybe you need some type of therapy..... (not being rude) generally people who sabotage are not happy somewhere in their life.... might be ya job, money, hubby, or anything? if you are not happy in yourself why is that (cant blame the weight as that is a side effect of the "problem") did you see a psychologist before surgery?

you sabotage by over eating, some self harm, or do other destructive things.... i suppose its finding out the root of the "problem" and reasons why (which is usually guilt over something thats not justified!) hope that makes sense!

hope you dont mind me commenting on ya post xxxxxx

everyone deserves to be happy.

Ahhh ... so sorry you are feeling like this. Do not have any advise really as am pre op but a bit confused that you can eat these things post op ... Guess everyone is different. Hope someone comes along who can help you more, chin up hunnie x:)

Hello,
OK lets be honest - you are sabotaging! Why? Probably because all your life you have dieted and failed. So why change the habit of a lifetime!! We've all been at the place you are in and its bxxxxxx awful!
So do something about it!(easier said than done I know)What about booking a massage for a reward for sticking to ww for all these weeks. 25 lbs is good so you deserve a treat. What you dont deserve is for the demon inside you to sabotage you. You are worth losing weight for!!!!!!!! Good luck
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julie go easy on the weight watcher goodies they are lower in fat but higher in sugar.'Low fat' food is not a good thing to eat,have smaller portions of good food!You would be better having two digestives everyday as a treat.If you have treats built into your day you wont feel as if you are going back to old ways.Plus if you are doing more exersize it makes you weigh heavier.Its hard keeping focus when all you want is the next biccy,hope you can work your way through.Maz x

Don't worry Jules I will slap that little demon out of you when I see you next :copon::copon: :sign0151: :D :hug99:

phatmomma said:
When i say that i mean, the greedy guzzler you were?

It's well documented i've been doing weight watchers for the last 20 weeks (my lord i relocated that long ago???) and have lost 25 1/2 lbs. Not a massive number, especially considering i had a gastric bypass last year, but still a loss. Which considering i still have a nice treat most days (usually some kind of weight watcher product, or low point goodie) is good.

Anyway i weighed in last night to be given a weight gain of 1 1/2lbs. Not much in the grand scheme of things i know. But it's really thrown me as i stuck to the plan and did a load of exercise as well as walking a good 4 miles 3 days a week on top!

The result was me sitting in the meeting chomping me way through 4 w/w treat bars (2 points each), then going home to have my tea an hour later. Then eating a Rice Krispie Square before i went to bed. The only thing stopping me eating anything else was the fact that there wasn't anything naughty i wanted. Now this morning i've gone and had a scone with REAL Butter on in Sainsburys with a cup of tea (shock horror, at the same time, i never do that) and then ate a muffin as well grrrr!

I'm guessing i'm trying to sabotage myself like i've always done in the past when dieting. I'm guessing this anyway, only this time i'm doing it consciously.

I can honestly say i dont think i really really enjoyed the blow out. I just know i'm not wanting to stay at the weight i am now. If diet and exercise can get me another 30lbs off i'd be happy, although i'd like it to give me another 45lbs...

I have no reason why and would love it if any of my lovely friends on here can shed some light on to why my brain is doing this?

Hi, I am new and have just read your post. I am so worried about this happening to me. As I have sabotaged every diet I have ever done. Is this common after surgery? Lisa

Hi there. I was really worried to read this post about sabotage. Is it common after surgery? I have dieted since my late teens when I was only a pretty normal weight. But thought of myself as fat, the fat head syndrome. Anyhow. Fast forward 25 years I am 43 years old and 25 stone. Nuts eh? Anyway like a lot of you I have done hundreds of diets stuck to them for a while lost weight then started the sabotage and gained gained gained.

I am so worried that should I be approved for the surgery I might sabotage afterward. He'll I am worried that I might not be approved as i sabotage diets.

Help???

maybe you need some type of therapy.....

Nah all the lady needs is my mobile number, then every time she feels like eating crap she should call me for a rollocking LOL :D:D:D

Seriously Jules the first thing is to remember you've come a chuffin long way to get to where you are and there will be times, days, weeks maybe when you slip back down the slippery slope. Remember the old fat days when eating crap made us feel good for a little while, then the guilt kicked in so we deprived ourselves for a little while, then we had another blow out to make us feel better for a little while?

So no guilt please it doesn't help, just accept that you messed up a little and forget it. You can't change it so forget it. You can change what you put in your mouth tomorrow though, and just concentrate on one day at a time.

You've come too far to mess up honeybunch ;)

Karlos your darn tootin right. I'd kinda worked my way through to this through the day. Have eaten without counting points or anything today! But i haven't eaten to excess....

I've made a momentous decision in that i'm stopping my weight watchers. Sometimes i get towards the end of the day and think 'hey i got points, think i'll slip in the 5point cheesecake' with the excess....

Instead i intend to eat sensibly and try and load on the protein. I will be continuing to work my butt off in the gym.

And Karlos, my lovely caring friend! You are darn right, this 'not so phatmomma' has come way too far to mess up now!

And following on from a comment you made to someone else, i have decided to stop my little treats as often as i have been having them. Each day when thinking of having something yum i will ask myself if i REALLY want it, if after an hour i want it then i'll have it, if not i won't. But on the days i do CHOOSE not to have them i will be popping a couple of quid in my 'GOODIE' tin and when it's well and truly rattling i'll be buying something in a smaller size!

Onwards and downwards ay? xxx

ps, Mr Phatmomma is going to buy me a dress i've been lusting after for a couple of months, i am NOT buying a size 16, it will be a 14 or nothing :) Bring on the ball, now apart from Karlos are there any other Prince's out there?

pps, love my hubby, love my job, love my kids, but have been slightly stressed by being made homeless through no fault of my own 3 weeks ago, guess that don't help lol xx

Julie..

I am with you all the way mate.

I am struggling with my old food demons now and can also eat all kinds of "treat foods" I kid myself that I deserve a treat cos 'I'm worth it' but feel so guilty after.

Can't give any advice cos I feel I am standing at the top of a slippery slope and hanging on by the skin of my teeth.
The problem is I keep opening my mouth for a bite of an ikkle treat and I slip back down that slope.:cry:

The yo-yo dieting and feasting habits will always be a part of us.

I am desperate to find another job. Being at home so much is not doing me any good. I am now making an effort to get out and do some kind of exercise every day.

Can't make it on Saturday but look forward to a cuppa another time..

Hugz
Jay
xXx

Julie, I'm all out of words of wisdom, I know somewhere in my head there are some productive suggestions but right now they're hiding. What I can offer is a big squishy hug x x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I am glad you sounded more positive in your post yesterday. You CAN do this. Sounds like you have good support in your local area too with all the hugs flying around. x

Today i've realised something :)

I am not happy at the size i am now! BMI says i need to lose another 3 stone, i would love to lose another 3 stone, however if i lose another 2 stone i'll be happy. I don't want to be a size 10 and straight up and down woman, i want to have some curves that my husband can snuggle in behind. I want to feel my clothes swishing around the curve of my hips and gliding down my thighs... I also want a fantastic bra that makes me look like i've got boobs lol.....

I'm staying on this ride, i am sooo not ready to get off yet! Now whizz my waltzer faster fit fairground man xxx

Good on yer Jules !

Julie, you have done tremendously well and I know will continue to - its a marathon rather than a sprint this weight loss malarky but the hardest part is getting the brain into shape. I found the hardest thing was to get out of the habit of using food as a reward. Whenever I had something to celebrate or I was feeling down and wanted to treat myself I always thought of food first - I have done a lot of work on that area and now think of treats in terms of pampering myself and not food - as a diabetic I'm not 'treating' my body by giving it sugary goodies (and the weightwatchers low fat products are very sugary). Every month I award myself a kitty like pocket money as a kid and when I'm feeling like I need to treat myself (as a celebration or when I'm feeling down) then I head to the high street and buy myself some nice perfume, clothes, lotions and potions or have a massage/spa session. Every one has their own contingency plan to keep them on the straight and narrow and this works for me. I also found weightwatchers made me think constantly of food and I wanted to get off that particular merry go round. Its important to get back on the bike (so to speak) straight away when you fall off and just mark it down to experience if you have a bad day.

Well done on your fantastic work so far, as for the blip accept it, forgive yourself and move on.
I to still go to ww partly because the support groups in my area are an hours drive away so whilst not totally suited to my new eating regime it offers me support and focus. I've noted that so many of their products aren't suitable post op and it's easy to slip back to bad habits given the chance or should I say excuse, despite the possible physical negative of dumping. I am still getting my head round the new eating rules especially having almost rushed to solids so it was easier for my holiday abroad (I'm now almost 7wks post op we were away from just prior to my reaching 5wks post op). Mow I'm home and can understand all the labels I need to think about and plan my meals so they are healthy and sensible before I go back to work.

Julie - my friend - no pearls of wisdom from me. But I will say this. Getting into a healthier lifestyle is a life time thing. Yes you want to lose those additional stones but then comes maintaining and I suppose what I am trying to say ( and not very well) is that you have to get your head around this being a natural thing and not something you do for a time limited period - otherwise it will feel like you are constantly on a diet. I am struggling to get my head around it too... but it occurred to me over the last few days that it really has got to be about doing that or it just becomes a big a stress than it was before surgery. Big :hug99:my friend - keep the faith.

tranquil x

Hope your okay hun, you can do it and were all here for you xxx

Back