• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you think I'm too old to do this at 54?

UPDATE 12 MONTHS ON:
Went through all the hoops and I finally get to meet the surgeon on 12 Nov with surgery most likely by end of the year. Thanks everyone for your encouragement and kind comments xxx

Bypass is 10 December xx

Fantastic Leda!.... Wow just think 6 months from now you will be skipping around!... I had a mini bypass 7 weeks ago and I'm 52.... Feeling tremendous! 2015 is going to be your year! Keep us posted on how your getting on and wishing you all the best! X

I'm 56 just had my 1st appointment, so only just starting my journey! But I too have grandchildren and diabetes knee problems etc. But I want a thinner, healthier life so I can enjoy life to the full with family and friends. I too have four grown up children 2 boys 2 girls and a hubby who are all supporting me! So I am lucky, surgery cannot come fast enough for me! I have just one negative person who doesn't think I should do it, that's my youngest sister. She thinks all I need is a smaller plate,and I will never be able to go out for a meal or socialize again!!

Hello Leda,
I am 56 and going for it, am waiting to hear if I have been referred to the surgeon, it seems to take so much time!
Trish

Hi Trish, and welcome to a great site! Good luck on your journey, it seems like 5 minutes since I wrote the first post on this discussion. It was a year ago and I have learned so much from people on here and now I find myself on the liver reducing diet and almost time for my bypass. I an really looking forward to a better and healthier life with my family. All the best, it seems a long wait but it comes around in no time! Xx

Just reread all this and saw that I said I can't wait till I'm 10 stone down cos I'll be running around, well I AM now!! Yay! :)

Well done, you look fantastic. X x

Congrats Leda. Well done :D

Never too old . I am 52 and am having the bypass on wed. I too have many illnesses, I have 5 children n 2 step sons an 5 grandchildren wth one more due in March. My eldest and only daughter who is 35 is flying over from Belfast on wed morn to be there for me when I wake up. Bless her. So if they are offering you are def not too old for surgery. Grasp it with all your might. Xxx

Thank you all sooo much . As I've got smaller my brood has got bigger. Now at 10 grandchildren and I have them to thank for some of the weightloss lol :)

Back