• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a Newbie!

AndiB29

Hey everyone!

So obviously, I'm a newbie to the site though I'm not new to the WLS dream. I received a phone call this past Wednesday, January 5, 2011, from my doctor saying that after 10 months of pre-surgery requirements my insurance has finally approved me for surgery!!!!! I'm scheduled for January 27 with South Carolina Obesity Surgery Center. Pretty excited about it myself. :)

I've chosen to do the band surgery for a few different reasons. A primary point was my age. I turned 29 this past November and presently don't have any children which I really want at some point. I feel the band gives you more options when that point comes. Also, because of the fillings, I feel with the band you can customize your weight loss. There are limitations with all surgeries, but I feel this provides the most freedom while still giving the needed help.

I started my pre-surgery diet about two months ago. Mainly because I wanted to help myself the best I could prior to surgery and my nutritionist encouraged me to ease the protein drinks into my diet. I have trouble doing the portion control part which is probably my number one problem that has gotten me to this point. Which is another reason I'm very hopeful about this surgery - it forces portion control.

I'm in the process of fighting the mental battle of believing that this WILL work for me. Nothing ever has before so it's hard to believe this will. My doctors and nutritionist and family and friends are all very encouraging that this will so right now I'm trying to let their faith fuel mine.

I'm up for any advice on how to go about the mental preparation and how to handle after surgery! Thanks in advance!!!

Hi and welcome
Ur receive lots of help and support on this site from both banders and bypassers.... Uv deffo done ur research and decided wat surgeries best for urself which is very important if u want the tool to work... I have no doubt it will as ur very positive about it... Good luck for surgery and I will look forward to following ur journey :) x

Hello and welcome to WLS :)

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Hi, welcome.. This forum is a fantastic place. The people here have given me soo much support since i started here.

Back