• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

doctors on wednesday

kphorrox

i have the doctors on wednesday for a routine check up what ever that means.
any advice on things i can do and say im getting really miserable of going round the houses of try this try this, ive tried every option i feel i dont want to be fobbed off any more.:(

getting nervous for tomorrow and upset im sure they are getting fed up with me..and i know two of the receptionists and they comment here again.
the process is so up setting i just want them to refer me and stop fobbing me off its not fair.
i worry carrying my baby on two occassions my ankles have given way and i have fallen.
on a positive it is so encouraging to read all your stories each day.

Explain to the Dr you have done your research and know WLS is the only option for you after many fail diets.

WLS is not a easy option some many people think. For me it is a last resort as I feel like the weight is killing me.

I get really annoyed with GP's that won't do referrals. At my previous GP practice I would not of got a referral for WLS. None of the GP looked like they had ever had a weight problem so I felt they didn't understand.

Thankfully my current GP is great, she has seen my health go down hill due to the gain in weight.

Do you see any consultant at hospital for other thing? I just read the website for my hospital and it says a GP or consultant can refere you.

I had a tough time getting my GP to refer me, I spent months convincing her. I wish that I had just switched GP but I stuck it out and eventually got the surgery. After my op I changed GPs and my new one has 7 or 8 patients that have had the bypass! Aww, well no use in wishing now. I guess I just wanted to encourage you to change GP now instead of later after you have wasted time and effort.

Best of luck,
Nic:)

Oh good luck, I hope it goes your way. Ive got my appointment with my GP too tmrw. Ive written down everything I want to say, im going in armed and ready!

good luck to you both tomorrow at your GP's. i never even considered WLS until my GP mentioned it and i backed off so fast she just stopped and said ok lets just refer you to the dietitian and see what happens plus try these (orlistat) WLS was not a new conceppt to me, i knew of someone who had gone through it in the early 90's but i think at the time it scared me to think that i had got to the stage of needing this. Anyway i went home spoke to Jonah about it, and had a laugh, thought about it some more, and within a week was looking into prices and loans for it. The moment i told jonah i was getting a Loan he KNEW i was very serious about doing this, he knows me well enough to realise that i do not borrow money or spend it unless its essential.

anyway just a little bit about me so you can see sometimes you have to go with your instincts, if yours are screming at you that your GP is fobbing you off then switch to another, perhaps give them a last try tomorrow and if no joy book with another surgery.

what are you taking with you need ideas ive been seeking help for three years and had enough

list all the diets you have tried, and what happened ie amount lost and eventual regain amount/time

Also any health related things that will be improved by the WLS ie asthma, blood pressure ect

These are good places to start

Go onto your local PCT web site and read the criteria for the funding and if you can answer all the questions positive to you then take them with you and show her.
E.g. your BMI, have you tried other methods, have you any health problems related to your weight , and that might get worse because of it.
My GP thought I was mad when I first asked about it, but gradually she came around hope you have some success xx

ive wrote all th things ive tried, how my weight effets me. ive printed off pct criteria.

Back