• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone else find it harder to get over colds since bypass ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Just curious to know..

Does anyone else find it harder since having a bypass whether its harder now to shake off colds ?
I've got a cold and feeling rough,I thought I was feeling better but then it decided to activate itself again!
So it's been about 3 weeks I've had this damn cold!
But I have noticed it seems harder to get over colds since my op..anyone think this too?

Ive always had a strong immune system and thats not really changed I can still fight colds and illnesses off quick but I have noticed I pick them up alot easier though ive got one now and only got rid of one about 2 weeks ago, I seem to get ill very easily now not just colds xx

Yes definitely. I seem to get ill about once every 2 months now and they always last ages. Last bout of flu went to my chest. It's not fun.

In the first 10 weeks post op I had 3 colds (felt like one long one), but since then I've not been ill at all. But I've started feeling tired and apathetic, I know its not my levels as they've been checked and they are better than most non-bypassed people! Anyone else had this?

Yes, normally a cold lasts four days for me, been more than a week now. Three weeks? I hope mind won't stay around that long. Get well soon. X

Back