• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ..........

BlueDiamond

HELLO EVERYONE , NICE TO BE BACK FROM HOSPITAL, I WAS ADMITTED WITH GALLSTONE TROUBLE AND YET AGAIN ANOTHER URINE INFECTION. I HAVE BEEN PUT ON THE LIST FOR SURGERY TO HAVE THIS REMOVED (SURGEON SAID ABOUT 2 MONTHS W8) AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE TO BE COMPLETEY FAT FREE IN MY DIET :cry: NONE WOT SO EVER, AS I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOO MANY STONE ANY FAT WILL IRRITATE MY GALLBLADDER AGAIN.......NOW MY QUESTION TO EVERYBODY IS ....IS THERE SUCH A THING AS FAT FREE BUTTER???? IF NOT CAN ANYONE RECOMMED A VERY VERY VERY VERY LOW IN FAT BUTTER, HARDLY ANY !!!!!!!!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE WELCOMED.

ALL THE BEST -MEJULIE XX

Hi... I suppose any olive oil based spread would be better as olive oil is a mono-unsaturated fat. The less saturated fat the better.... but im no expert!!

HELLO EVERYONE , NICE TO BE BACK FROM HOSPITAL, I WAS ADMITTED WITH GALLSTONE TROUBLE AND YET AGAIN ANOTHER URINE INFECTION. I HAVE BEEN PUT ON THE LIST FOR SURGERY TO HAVE THIS REMOVED (SURGEON SAID ABOUT 2 MONTHS W8) AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE TO BE COMPLETEY FAT FREE IN MY DIET :cry: NONE WOT SO EVER, AS I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOO MANY STONE ANY FAT WILL IRRITATE MY GALLBLADDER AGAIN.......NOW MY QUESTION TO EVERYBODY IS ....IS THERE SUCH A THING AS FAT FREE BUTTER???? IF NOT CAN ANYONE RECOMMED A VERY VERY VERY VERY LOW IN FAT BUTTER, HARDLY ANY !!!!!!!!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE WELCOMED.

ALL THE BEST -MEJULIE XX

HI Julie

So sorry to hear that you have been in hospital...I've been away so I am trying to catch up on all in here...Hope you are well now.

I have had Gallstones so I can well and truly empathise with the pain you must have been through...You poor thing.

I'm sorry I have no idea what you could use instead of butter...good question though!...Even the low cholesterol spreads are fat otherwise I would have suggested Olivio or something similar....What about St Ivel Gold, now that was very low fat...but I have not seen that around for while now...It was delicious.

Sorry not much help.

Good luck...hope you are not in pain anymore.

X~X

hi julie welcome back, i was sorry to hear that you have been poorly and in hospital.
i cant answer your question about the butter, but im sure someone will be along soon with an answer for you.

liz x

Hi Mejulie.

Glad to see your out of hospital and i hope your appointment comes thru soon.

As for the fat free butter,i am not sure about fat free but what about the butter sprays especially for jacket spuds and vegetables,might be worth a look next time you go shopping.

xx

Hi Julie

So glad to see you back with us again - sorry to hear all about your gallstones etc. Hope you on the mend now - sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you better soon.

As for the fat free butter - go to the supermarket and read all the labels until you find one that has the desired low fat element.

Take care xx

The only zero fat thing can find is "I can'r believe it's not Butter" spray but looks like it's only available in the states....:(

Hi Julie glad to hear you are home. Those gall stones are awful I have now had mine removed thank god. Just a word of warning other things I was told to avoid were cucumber and eggs. If the fat is for frying there is frylight you good use only 1 cal per spray. Otherwise I was so frightened of the pain I just did without it in a sandwich and had tomato or something moist in it or jam if it was toast. Hope you get them removed quickly.

Hi there,

there used to something called 'butter buds' from lakeland plastics that I used to have years ago, not sure if they still do them or if they are still fat free but they used to be fab and tasted like real butter, might be worth a google,

Great to have you back amongst us Julie know what you have been going through had my gall bladder out some years ago and waited 18months before it was done so can really sympathise with you
Good Idea from blondemoments re butter spray but I just used to use a low fat spread then went onto olive oil based
Hope you are feeling much better

Love Jay xx

Hi there,

there used to something called 'butter buds' from lakeland plastics that I used to have years ago, not sure if they still do them or if they are still fat free but they used to be fab and tasted like real butter, might be worth a google,

They still do them. There's a link above.

Hiya

sorry to rain on your parade (so to speak), but I can speak from my own experience. I would highly suggest that you avoid ANYTHING with fat until you get the ******* removed. I had gallstones, and had to have my gallbladder out in the end, and let me tell you, they dont get any better. There is nothing worst than the colic pain you get when they kick off. I had three bad episodes when I was waiting for surgery. One flare up, I had to call the doctor out in the early hours of the morning and was given pethadine injection. The second and third flare ups, I ended up in A & E, and being given morphine. The pain is horrendous, as I am sure you are aware of the pain yourself. Dont be tempted, I went down to wholemeal toast with jam, no butter, jacket potato with beans, no butter, and just did not even tempt fate because I wanted to avoid that pain at all costs, it is the worst pain ever, more painful than childbirth. It wont be easy, but you will have to be strict, that pain does not go on its own, once it starts.
Good luck.
MNL:wave_cry:

yes i use the frylight oil as well its great !

Fry_Light_Sunflower_Oil_Spray_250ml.jpg

Back