• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SLEEPING PROBLEMS

BlueDiamond

hi all

I am posting this for advice really, as per normal another nite has passed and no sleep again, not for the want of trying.

I have been trying to sleep and sometimes do manage to sleep but then I wake with the feeling I have stopped breathing, and after I have jumped up my breathin is very shallow ........ extremly dry mouth (bone dry to be exact) and its really been disrupting my sleep for the past week or so. I do not have a cold/flu atm or just got over one....but am getting really pee'd off with not sleeping hardly or not at all. I am off to the docs this morning as I have had enough, I cant function through the day properly either and getting really irritable. Plz if anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful (and 40 winks)

All the best - :cry:a very tired and exhausted MeJulie xx

Wow - I am sorry that I cannot advise medically what may be wrong - but a short term non addictive resolution is Nytol One a Nyt - the ones you have to ask the pharmacist for.. they knock out the most hardened insomniacs! You could also try Tesco's own herbal sleep aide - some folk swear by them.

Could your symptoms be anxiety related at all? Have their been any major changes inyour life recently?

They might tell you the usual - no caffiene after 6pm, not smoking late at night, don't lie there getting frustrated, get up and change your activity, take some exercise late at night...

Let us know how you get on?

PS. steer clear of anti-dressents that they give out to aide aleeping - slippery slope to bad place they are.

Hello there and ty for replying.............. I tried nytol & kalms and no good.........I dont smoke, dont drink tea/coffee ( well 1 cup of t in morning ) ....but ty for ur input anyway..........

all the best - mejulie x

Wow - I am sorry that I cannot advise medically what may be wrong - but a short term non addictive resolution is Nytol One a Nyt - the ones you have to ask the pharmacist for.. they knock out the most hardened insomniacs! You could also try Tesco's own herbal sleep aide - some folk swear by them.

Could your symptoms be anxiety related at all? Have their been any major changes inyour life recently?

They might tell you the usual - no caffiene after 6pm, not smoking late at night, don't lie there getting frustrated, get up and change your activity, take some exercise late at night...

Let us know how you get on?

PS. steer clear of anti-dressents that they give out to aide aleeping - slippery slope to bad place they are.

HI Julie

I was going to suggest the Nytol one a night also. There are a few different types of Nytol so maybe ask your pharmacist...

Is your dry mouth just in the morning? The dry mouth could be because your mouth is dropping open during sleep..I have dry mouth and am having tests for this for something called Jorgrens but my mouth is dry all the time, 24/7.

Lacking sleep can make you feel very ill so after all the usual stuff like asking the pharmacist....have a chat with doc.

Hope you feel better soon.

(((hugs)))

Hi all

I been docs and she said its stress !!!!!!!

Just thought I would update , she tested me lung capacity and listened to me lungs and said all is ok.

Glad you got the all clear from the dr :)

Have uou ad a sleep apnoea test? If not I would really advise you go get one. I had very similar symptoms and it turned out to be sleep apnoea. try sleeping with an extra pillow that helps me!

I have sleep apnoea, been diagnosed with it via a test rig that they send you home with, i have a 'mild' case supposedly of stopping breathing at night, upto 30 times an hour, and they call that mild!!
Always waking up feeling like i hadn't slept, grouchy, headaches, tired during the day, most days having to grab 40 winks on the sofa etc, anyways, i now have whats called a cpap machine which i now wear of a night time whilst in bed, it creates constant pressure via a nasal mask, which keeps your wind pipe open and allows a restful sleep, i now no longer have the symptoms of before, no snooze during the day, in fact the difference is 100% better, i recommend you see your GP and get refered to your local sleep clinic, even just to rule it out, from your profile next to your post i cannot work out if you are pre or post op, but if you are pre op, most surgeons will insist on a sleep apnoea test as a matter of course, i hope this helps a tad, regards, Mark

see this link re: cpap >>>>> Positive airway pressure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and sleep apnoea >>>>> Sleep apnea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back