• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does fubdung get turned down very often?

I have read a couple on here, but both ended up having surgery after appealing and stamping feet!!

All things crossed for everyone wanting surgery :fingerscrossed:

It may help your case if you make a start now. The more you can change your lifestyle now, the more it shows you are serious about it and understand that surgery is only a tool, not a magical cure. The hard work has to come from yourself. I've joined the gym (through the doctor) and am eating more healthily. Today I'm adding in the 20-20-20 rule and sipping water all day long. I'm slowly building up the necessary changes that will be expected of me post op - that way, it will already be a "way of life" rather than have to suddenly make so many drastic changes. I'm doing this for my own benefit but I'm sure it can only help my case when I go to my appointments - sure can't hinder it eh??

NB. Steph (or anyone else Camborne/Redruth):
In case its of any interest to you, I go to Carn Brea Leisure Centre. They have a 12 week Referral Scheme with the doctors. The first appointment takes about 15 minutes where they just go through the paperwork, then the next appointment they take you into the gym and show you the machines, see what you can/can't do and work out a workout to your capabilities. After that, you can go whenever you like for as long as you like at £3 a pop. They weigh you at the start, again at 6 weeks then again at the end. I'm then going to join as a regular member so I can continue with my workouts ....... £37 per month cash or £33 direct debit - having been referred means I don't have to pay the £25 joining fee :) I've found that the referral has really helped me get into the momentum of working out and now, only 5 weeks in, I really look forward to going!

Just shout if you want any further details :) xx

Leda

If you fit the criteria and show you are committed to your healthy new life even if you don't have a big weight loss during weight management, I can't see why they would turn down funding. All the best of luck to you, I can remember thinking I would be refused too x

steph82

The exercise referral is no good,mad apparently it needs to be during the day and I work long hours as a solicitor in wadebridge, last time I checked it was off peak times only in will have to check again

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Unfortunatly yes I have seen a couple on here being turned down but fortunately it has only a couple. Loss of funding is nearly everyone's fear in the initial stages. Stick to what is asked of you and all will be good. If sticking to it is a real issue then you should be asking if WLS is really the way to go ;)

bronny

I have read a couple on here, but both ended up having surgery after appealing and stamping feet!!

All things crossed for everyone wanting surgery :fingerscrossed:

It may help your case if you make a start now. The more you can change your lifestyle now, the more it shows you are serious about it and understand that surgery is only a tool, not a magical cure. The hard work has to come from yourself. I've joined the gym (through the doctor) and am eating more healthily. Today I'm adding in the 20-20-20 rule and sipping water all day long. I'm slowly building up the necessary changes that will be expected of me post op - that way, it will already be a "way of life" rather than have to suddenly make so many drastic changes. I'm doing this for my own benefit but I'm sure it can only help my case when I go to my appointments - sure can't hinder it eh??

NB. Steph (or anyone else Camborne/Redruth):
In case its of any interest to you, I go to Carn Brea Leisure Centre. They have a 12 week Referral Scheme with the doctors. The first appointment takes about 15 minutes where they just go through the paperwork, then the next appointment they take you into the gym and show you the machines, see what you can/can't do and work out a workout to your capabilities. After that, you can go whenever you like for as long as you like at £3 a pop. They weigh you at the start, again at 6 weeks then again at the end. I'm then going to join as a regular member so I can continue with my workouts ....... £37 per month cash or £33 direct debit - having been referred means I don't have to pay the £25 joining fee :) I've found that the referral has really helped me get into the momentum of working out and now, only 5 weeks in, I really look forward to going!

Just shout if you want any further details :) xx

I'm attending free swimming once a week in truro with the hospital physio but hopefully can get a referral to swim at truro as well. I struggle to find time to do much with work and the kids though :(

BrunoButton

Does anyone have any stories of being turned down

Yes actually, Last year I went to my doctors, I'd booked an appointment under the guise of wanting a blood test. I was soo incredibly shy and nervous about even contemplating asking about surgery.

I didn't get to see the Doc but the local nurse instead who stands in for him, As I got round to the topic, she just cut me off and told me there's no way I'm ever getting surgery, telling me how she gets asked all the time about it. :cry::sigh:

I thought her attitude was borderline incompetent, not even bothering to take my BMI or ask basic questions about me.

It took me another year plus of suffering with extremely bad sleep apnea to pluck up the courage to decide I needed to do something before I died in my sleep, So I decided to go private, put the whole thing on my credit card and get it done.

I felt totally disillusioned with the NHS now, or atleast my local Doc's. I'm currently looking forward to my surgery rather than worrying, full of anguish and stress whether some ignorant NHS doc/nurse feels like giving me a chance.

nafpnd

Oh no! this funding issue is a total nightmare. Someone like me who could not afford to go private no way, would continue suffering, can't believe they did not even check your bmi brunobutton. but then, maybe on her side she thinks it's better this way than going through the pre-op stage only to be told there's no funding later.

JJJ

There are so many reasons not to get funded, not least of which are local policies.
Hope it works out ok for you