• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does ur body know when to stop...

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
losing weight.

Odd question - but if you are always losing. What happens when you get to ur ideal weight, and ur still losing but cant eat anymore to maintain. Does that ever happen.
Especially with bypasses who arent able to relax the restriction some what, like the band.

fantastic question. I will be very interested to see what answers you get.

My uncle who has a form of bypass due to stomach cancer and Severe Crohns disease eats a couple of healthy snacks a day in addition to his 3 meals that keeps his calouries up and prevents weight loss...he had the surgery 25 years ago and is still relativly healthy his weight fluctuates over a 14 range (up or down 7 lbs from his ideal weight) but with him thats to do with over eating at holidays etc lol....he takes his vits everyday has his blood test every few months and is fine

The way my surgeon explained it is that my body would find a natural balance which would generally be heavier than I necessarily want to be, so I would need to work to acheive a final weight.

Thanks. I hadnt thought of this question until somebody asked me it. And i didnt know how to answer it!!

Back