• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why does food get stuck?

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Might sound like a silly question with an obvious answer, but why does food get stuck.

With the bypass the opening into my stomach hasnt been changed, so why, on the first mouthful, of something, does it feel like its got stuck in my throat. Why if its been chewed, and is smaller than my pouch, hasnt it gone down?

Also, do you think stress can affect what ur able to swallow? Sometimes at tea time i feel stressed by my 3yr old. Like i need to concentrate on my food, but cant for him, and then i end up with restriction type feeling, and have to be sick.
Im surprised im not a size 10 already. Hardly eat.

Might sound like a silly question with an obvious answer, but why does food get stuck.

With the bypass the opening into my stomach hasnt been changed, so why, on the first mouthful, of something, does it feel like its got stuck in my throat. Why if its been chewed, and is smaller than my pouch, hasnt it gone down?

Also, do you think stress can affect what ur able to swallow? Sometimes at tea time i feel stressed by my 3yr old. Like i need to concentrate on my food, but cant for him, and then i end up with restriction type feeling, and have to be sick.
Im surprised im not a size 10 already. Hardly eat.

Hi Fedup, don't know all the ins and outs but it can sometimes be because the food is not moist enough to go down and i asked the same question to my dietician and she did say that stress can affect the pouch.

Also if you do not chew your food well enough the pouch does not like it hope this helps. jan ey xx:):):)

thanks. xx

Hi Fed-up. Stress and anxiety definitely cause you to feel like your throat has narrowed or that you have a lump in it and can't swallow. Hope you feel better soon x

Back