• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How does your body stop losing

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
I know this is probably a silly question, But how does your body stop losing weight?

Is it all down to how small your surgeon makes your pouch or more to do with your calorie intake?

Some people have posted extraordinary weight loss in very short periods of time, whats to stop us from becoming underweight?:confused:

My surgeon said that in the beginning weigh loss is rapid, and that I would need to loose as much as I can in the first months as your body adjusts and the weight loss slows down and eventually stops. I'm pre-op so don't have any personal experience, but good luck with your journey
Kim x

your pouch stretches slightly, your body also learns to absorb more calories and when you slim down you need fewer calories to maintain. You should also come off low fat foods gradually when you get to target.

For most people your body levels off after 18 months - 2 years, hopefully at the weight you want to be. For some it happens sooner and/or they don't reach their goal and have to use conventional diets and exercise on top of the bypass to reach it. For others like me it's the other side of the coin where the malabsorption is so severe that I have to constantly work at not losing more weight by eating high cal high fat foods, grazing and drinking with meals etc to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back