• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't feel I am losing weight

Dell

I know lots of people go through this, but its my turn now :eek:

I decided to get weighed just monthly on the date of my surgery, so 30th of each month. I will also measure on that date too.

I was weighed about a week post-op to get a baseline weight (as we have no scales and I have to weigh in at Boots) and that was fine.....but since then I feel no different....My clothes feel the same, and I don't feel any slimmer :cry:

I am getting about 5-700 calories per day now, although not doing a great deal, as have been utterly exhausted, trying to get out a bit each day now for a walk with the puppy, so I can try and build up my stamina a bit!

I am normally a very active person, was doing a high impact exercise class 3 times a week pre-op so its not like me to be so inactive and thats getting me down a bit too!

Although its another ten days or so til I weigh in, I am dreading it already, I feel if I have lost 1-2lbs a week I will be gutted, as I could do that at WW and more ;)

Somebody slap me!! I have been and still am very very positive about my WLS, nothing has phased me and I have no regrets at all.....but am so nervous it won't "work"!!!

Hi Dell,

It's going to work... but there is a lot of healing and swelling to settle and it's a new routine for your body.

Start recording everything or even post it on here so you can get support...

You are a very positive person and will do very well... it's understandable that things are settling down at the moment... just wait and see in a couple of weeks.... !!!

Keep going, keep positive and keep on trucking... we are all going to get there and you are well on your way precious...

Always here and at your side xxx

Dell - it will work! Everyone heals at different rates and I felt well straight away and managed to get up and going quite quickly and had good losses in first weeks. Now I am paying for it perhaps as I now feel a bit tired and my weight loss has stalled a bit.

Be positive - I bet the scales will prove you wrong when you do get weighed and you may well be really suprised! But everyone is different your first few weeks may be slow then when you return to your normal levels of exercise it will probably speed up! The only one thing to remember is that it WILL work!!

Dell, I sympathise with you 100%, I'm sure you'll have seen my threads on here saying exactly the same thing! The scales say I've lost 25lb, but from where I don't know as my clothes don't feel that different. I had my op a few days after you.

I'm sure other people must feel the same but we only seem to hear from the people who are doing really well. I don't begrudge them that & I am genuinely happy for them but its disheartening.

Could it be that you're not eating enough? Are you drinking enough fluids? I'm no expert but these are the questions I've had asked before.

I felt so down last week I was convinced I was the one person a bypass hadn't worked for :confused:

Take care

It has to work if you are only eating that many calories.

I know how you feel, some days you feel fatter than others for no reason. It could be because you havent been to to loo or any other silly reason.

Stop worrying hun, you will get there.

Mind you I have to be honest how do you wait a whole month before you are weighed. I do it every week and would be tempted more if the OH didnt hide the scales.

You are right to do it your way because we shouldnt be driven by weight or scales.

Thank you all SO much :):):)

Well I went to the local shopping mall today with my mum and to my delight I've bought a top in a Sie 22 (was a 28/30 pre op) and a bra in a 36H (was a 38K pre op!!!) and most excites as its a normal £12 m&s bra, not a rip off bravissimo one :D

So I'm clearly losing it off my top half not my tummy as I assumed I would!!

It's given me a real boost, as have your wise words!!

Thanks girls :) xxx

Mind you I have to be honest how do you wait a whole month before you are weighed. I do it every week and would be tempted more if the OH didnt hide the scales.

You are right to do it your way because we shouldnt be driven by weight or scales.

I meant to add, I can only NOT weigh because we don't have scales :D I'd be on them daily otherwise!!

I feel like its shifting from other places much quicker than my waist... I think I look thicker round my waist than I did before as everything else is getting smaller!! Mind you I'm actually looking at my body now which I never did before! x

Glad I'm not the only one who can't see any difference!! I thought I was going doo-lally!!

Really pleased for you Dell!! Well done ;)

Hopefully we'll all be following ur lead soon!!

lol im the same !! i dont feel any different at all but i have put that down to the swelling, im so glad weve got this forum so we know were not the only ones with whatever problem or worry we have ! xxx

i have had my first visit to see my surgeon today and my op was 3 months ago . he told me that on average they like to see 1 1/2 to 2 kilos a week lost if you lose more than that they tellyou to eat more if u lose less than 1 1/2 they tell you to eat less . my average is 1 1/2 kilos a week but i also went almost 6 weeks without losing an onuce. so we all lose weight at different rates .. i was hoping id of lost a good 4 stone by 3 months after the op . i have in total lost 5 stone 2 pre op 3 post op .. but i only have another 4 stone to lose, but even if it comes of really slowly i will get there ....

i have had my first visit to see my surgeon today and my op was 3 months ago . he told me that on average they like to see 1 1/2 to 2 kilos a week lost if you lose more than that they tellyou to eat more if u lose less than 1 1/2 they tell you to eat less . my average is 1 1/2 kilos a week but i also went almost 6 weeks without losing an onuce. so we all lose weight at different rates .. i was hoping id of lost a good 4 stone by 3 months after the op . i have in total lost 5 stone 2 pre op 3 post op .. but i only have another 4 stone to lose, but even if it comes of really slowly i will get there ....

Well done you!!! That's fantastic :wow:

Dell, I am glad that your clothes size is showing you that you've lost weight. I know I have lost weight from the scales and am now lighter than I was when I got married 12yrs ago. However, my trousers still feel quite tight around the stomach. I think as some people have already said it's due to the bloating and swelling.

Even if your wl only averaged out to 1-2llbs a week that will still be good as unlike going to ww or other clubs it weight that will never come back. Well done for your achievement thus far. If I didn't have scales at home I know I would be going into Boots frequently to weigh.

Rebirthxx

I know it seems a bit disheartening, but I'll quite happily take 1-2lbs a week. It comes off steadily and I don't have the head battles with food that I would have with WW or a diet.
Keep your chin up :)

Please dont' take offence but when a person weighing 20 stone loses a couple of stone nobody notices it like they would if someone weighing say 14 stone lost 2 stone. You will most certainly have lost weight and going by the shopping results today you have :) You are going to be a massive success at this weight loss malarky and you will definitely see the difference. It took me to about 3 stone loss to see a difference. keep your chin up you are doing great :) xxx

Everyone else CAN see it.......just me that can't, but I can tell now in clothes more and more which I find more exciting than the scales :):)

Thanks for the support :)

Back