• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel SICK

natashoorrr

I am getting myself a bit worked up for this appointment tomorrow. I had been doing really really well and was under what I was when I went last.. I weighed myself on Sunday (as I missed my saturday weigh in) and have put on nearly a 8lbs in a week. How is that humanly possible without having eaten any differently? I am so mad and not looking forward to tomorrow because its only going to delay surgery and I'm genuinely confused as to what has happened.

Yes its lady week but that shouldnt mean I've put on 8lbs? Well I guess I just have to go with it tomorrow but I am so not looking forward to it :(

body weight can naturally fluctuate around 5lbs in a 24 hour period, so if it is the TOTM for you, then it's quite likely to have something to do with it, this is one of the downsides of such regular weighing.

I always weigh more in hot weather. Combine that with lady week and it's a nightmare!

Don't panic until you're on the scale. Soooo often you expect the worst, get on the scales and they weigh less than you expected! xx

Good luck!

You are free to use lady week :D Well I have decided to ignore the scales and just worry about it tomorrow as there isn't much I can do now! Just please pray for me tomorrow that it all goes well and the nurse doesnt shout at me :)

You are free to use lady week :D Well I have decided to ignore the scales and just worry about it tomorrow as there isn't much I can do now! Just please pray for me tomorrow that it all goes well and the nurse doesnt shout at me :)

Good luck Hun hope all goes well and we all struggle that's why we are doing this so i am sure they will take that into consideration. X

Good luck today xx

I'm in the car en route now :) kirstyjade should be there right now hopefully getting good news! I am more nervous about this appointment than the prospect of surgery :)

Hope all went okay for you today x

how did the appointment go hope all went well

Hello everyone! Well I don't really know how it went! lol. I got there and was weighed by Jacqui who was really nice! I saw my weight and knew immediately i'd put on 0.5kg (or about a pound) so we went to her little room. She just asked me what I think has happened and I have always been very forthcoming so we discussed what I should do etc.

Now she did say its not her decision what happens a result of this but as I'd had a letter saying I was nearing the top of the wait list she gave me my pre-op and post-op diet sheets. She said she would be very surprised if they kicked off about putting 1lb on in 7 months but when I go for my pre-op I can't weigh any more.

Now others have told me they were told to go back in four weeks to show they had lost some weight and they were told that there but she just said make sure you havent put any on by the time your pre-op comes round.

Any ideas as to what is going to happen?

Ooops, if I'd seen this first I would have known it was Jacqui :-D

I really doubt if 1lb will make a difference. Especially when people can gain and lose more in one day with general fluctuations.

A big part of it all is general mindset. If you can see what's happened and have clearly learned from it then I'm sure they'll be happy. She will have jotted stuff down re: her thoughts and recommendations.

Please don't fret (easy for me to say) xx

Guys! I forgot to mention, when Jacqui left the room to get my pre-op/post-op sheets there was a note on there to say that my blood work was 'out of range' but she didn't send me to get any bloods done, do you think that my pre-op may be close by and they will just get them done then?

Back