• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't feel In Control...

Mrs Quiggle

I keep picking. I know it's my head and I need to get it to behave it's self. I only dump on fatty foods not sugars and although I havn't touched sweets, chocolate, toffee or cakes etc since my pre-op diet I have the odd sponge and custard pudding at work, very small portions anyway as I work in a residential home and I only have a few spoon fulls usually but it leaves me very full and feeling sick for an hour.

I'm also getting bad at picking, albeit protein foods, I'm not good at sticking to a couple of melba toast and a babybel, I find myself having a dozen peanuts or cashews with it too as my evening snack.

Today I've had my porridge and raisins for breakfast and I'm going to have a babybel for a mid morning snack then instead of casserole or whatever for lunch I'll have a couple of cracker with peanut butter. A frube for an afternoon snack and something for dins and maybe a yogurt for supper or a protein shake.

Does that sound about right. I've always been a grazer and don't want to continue to be or I can see myself putting weight back on again. I am a slow loser now only a pound a week which I know is a good way to lose though a few extra pounds now and then would be nice :)

Kate x

I was doing similar to you Kate. I saw my bariatric team last Thursday for the first time since my op last Nov and they were very pleased with me. The only thing they said was that now I am eating 3 meals a day that I should not snack in between UNLESS I felt hungry. Do not snack just for the sake of having a snack as it will be come a habit and like you said, old habits will creep back and then will become very hard to break. Since Thursday, I have really listened to my stomach and if I was not feeling hungry then I have not eaten between meals but had a drink if I was bored or feeling like I wanted a snack. I was eating mainly healthy snacks before, ie fruit or protein based but the nurse told me what I was eating in my main meals more than covered my daily intake of protein and calcium that I needed.

Its very hard, but nobody said it would be easy. My eyes have always been greedier than my belly but the benefits of not snacking are enough to keep me on the straight and narrow at the moment. Geesh I hope it continues lol!!

Good luck Kate, if you are not feeling hungry, ignore your head hunger hehe!! xx

I had my bypass in Nov 09, and at first was really worried about my eating habits, but now I've accepted that I have to eat every hour to keep going and feel satisfied otherwise I just constantly feel hungery?

Im not talking about a full meal every hour, just something to keep me going, i.e. a couple of biscuits, a peice of fruit, a bit of cheese, a bag of low fat crisps etc.

The weight has stayed off and this is how I maintain. I can eat all foods now, and do have chocolate, cakes and crisps, but in such small portions it don't even touch the sides.

I love eating like this because I don't miss out on anything, a little of what you want really is a great way to eat, I actually feel normal !!!!!!!

Back