• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

don't understand it all

amie123

hi all

could somebody help me understand I have been referred to st marys Paddington to be considered for weight loss surgery , I have a group meeting with blood test and ecg , I have not done tier 3 so what will happen if have been on orlistat and my GP didn't mention tier 3 only surgary

I didn't do the tier process for St Marys.

did st mary's have tier 3 when you had your surgary sorry for all the questions :)

They said the teir process wasn't needed then. Combination of funding issues and their research suggested it did not make a difference to success rates.

However, they do need to follow NICE guidelines, so may have changed since my surgery.

They said the teir process wasn't needed then. Combination of funding issues and their research suggested it did not make a difference to success rates.

However, they do need to follow NICE guidelines, so may have changed since my surgery.

thank you I hope it's the same as it was so you know if tier 3 exist there then

Hey

I'm currently waiting for a date for surgery and I didn't have to do it however someone I know who was referred before me had to.Dont know how it all works , best to ask them at your appointment
Hey

I'm currently waiting for a date for surgery and I didn't have to do it however someone I know who was referred before me had to.Dont know how it all works , best to ask them at your appointment
are you still mary's , can you tell me the process you had , thanks

The wait from referral to first hospital appointment takes a few months.You hear from them within 3 months that's is when your given a date for the first group meeting appointment where they discuss the options and have your bloods taken and a ecg is done.So I was referred in the summer June/July heard from them in September and was given a appointment for December.Next appointment which was in march which was with a consultant to sign some papers and with a anaesthetist to talk about my general health. (Both on the same day) After this appointment I was told the next appointment was a group psychologist meeting.This varies as some people have 1-2-1 with a psychologist and others have a group session (This was in the end of April) Once I was cleared by the psychologist , my case was sent to the mdt to be reviewed and decided if the surgery option I chose was right and If they thought they should go ahead with it.This is what takes the longest as my next final appointment was in September.Now in march still waiting for a op date as there are not enough beds
Don't know if it's still the same process but hope this helped :)
thank you so much that helped a lot , can I ask what you bmi is and congratulations on getting accepted wish the best for a happier healthier you

Back