• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anybody else starting their journey at Walsall Manor Hospital?

Kathryn81

Hi I've been referred to Walsall Manor Hospital by GP. I was wondering if walsall follow the tier 3 program and if anyone has any experience of it.

I have been overweight all my life, the last 4 months I have been taking Orlistat and having weigh ins every 2 weeks. I also started a exercising 3 times a week with a pt.

I'm just wondering if I will have to follow a program like the tier 3 or will I just get a referal to consultant?

Last edited:
Hi, congratulations. Did you find out if tier three was required?

Not yet. I will on Wednesday when I go. I'm hoping not as I've lost 2stone since July so have made changes to prove my commitment.

Or if you do, hopefully it won't be for long. Keep us updated x

Hi. I had a gastric bypass with walsall manor in December. Took just under 12 months fromantic when u was referred. They do sometime do a 3 tier programme it depends on illness etc. I have a health condition which is caused by weight which is why I never did the 3 tier but be prepared to loose some weight alone first as I had to do this to qualify xx

Hi Kathryn I hope youre ok?

I just wondered what your experience was like at Walsall? I have my first appointment next wednesday, I have lost 5KG but still so nervous they are going to say no!

Hi Kathryn I hope youre ok?

I just wondered what your experience was like at Walsall? I have my first appointment next wednesday, I have lost 5KG but still so nervous they are going to say no!
Hi
I'm good thanks,
My experience was good eventually, I was referred there by Gp but it is not my local hospital so when I went into see the nurse she tried to talk me into going to my local hospital. I left her room and went for a coffee and discussed it and decided to stick with Walsall. Got to see doctor who seemed totally different said he saw no problem with me having op. He talked me through the 3 types of op and said there would be a few more appointments to attend. He didn't talk about targets and how much I needed to lose. I've already lost 9kg. I've since had an appointment for weight management on 22 March and psychologist on 7 April. Hope this has helped. X

Hi
I'm good thanks,
My experience was good eventually, I was referred there by Gp but it is not my local hospital so when I went into see the nurse she tried to talk me into going to my local hospital. I left her room and went for a coffee and discussed it and decided to stick with Walsall. Got to see doctor who seemed totally different said he saw no problem with me having op. He talked me through the 3 types of op and said there would be a few more appointments to attend. He didn't talk about targets and how much I needed to lose. I've already lost 9kg. I've since had an appointment for weight management on 22 March and psychologist on 7 April. Hope this has helped. X

Hi hun thanks for your reply! What is your local hospital then?

Did you see the dietician?

Hi Kathryn,

I'm also having surgery at Walsall!!

I've just had my appointment with Dr Kendric (the psychologist) last week and I'm hoping to be going for my pre op soon and getting a date in June / July.

How are you finding it so far?

Wow that's great news.how was your appointment with Dr Kendric?
I'm feeling a bit fed up if I'm honest. I'm struggling with my weight, and my weight management appointment on 22 March has been changed to May.

The appointment with Mr Kendrick was really good - only in there about 15 mins!

It seems like your weight loss is going really well - try not to become disheartened.

What's the weight management appointment for in May? Have they told you how long till you get surgery?

When I saw the consultant in January he seemed to think surgery would be within 6 months but I'm not holding my breath. Don't know what the weight management appointment is for. Hopefully I'll get more answers when I go on April.

Thanks for sharing your journey.

Wow that's awesome! I hope it's that quick
Puts us roughly at the same place in our journey.... Let's keep in touch!

I've just had my first appointment come through for 19th April .excited .I need this so bad BMI 43.2 have high blood pressure. High cholesterol. Arthritis in both knees in the early stages of COPD ..scared ill get rejected ..good luck on your journey xxx

Hi guys. My first appointment was back in January, saw Mr Mirza, Dr Hartland and the dietician. Got my next appointment next Wednesday and I'm bricking it now!

Back