• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Down Memory Lane

Lesley110

Hey, how many of you, I wonder, had their mothers pushing Ayds sweets, during the 70s, as a way of loosing weight. I was a very healthy, very fit (school/county hockey team, school netball team, syncronise swiming team) but dress size 16/18! My mother, god bless her, was convinced that I had a weight problem and that these blooming awful sweets were going to be the all singing all dancing cure all to my "problem". God they were awful!

I was a skinny whippet until I turned 40 but I remember my mum having them like little chocolates in a box lol...wonder what happened to them then lol...xx

I have never heard of them, and was skinny till I was early 20's:( then down hill from there

You've just made me relive the taste!!!! They were terrible...my mum got me them too...."this is the answer" I remember her saying. I forgive you Mum, becoz since then I've had really really BAD tasting diet things!!
I am sooooo glad I am not the only one, remember the grapefruit diet, and the exercise things from KTel that fitted to the door handles and were supposed to make you super fit!! ah memories, I wish Mam was here for me to remind her!:wave_cry:

I remember them, we had them in the US in the early '80s, I used to see commercials for them. The bad association didn't start until the mid '80s, because up until then AIDS was called GRID. The first time I saw a news special on AIDS I actually thought it was related to the AYDS diet aides! But I was only little then. I don't really remember seeing them after that!

Yep had them back in 1970s but I liked them! they were like caramel toffees!Mint ones were yuk though.Saw an old ad for slimming soap in an old 30s mag!omg if it was that easy Id never be out the bath lol

Back