• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Downward spiral!

Montana

Hi all

I've not been on here properly for a while because it all got a bit too much reading how successful people had been while I was still waiting...how selfish does that sound!! :(

I got put on the waiting list for Derby on 1 May this year and between initially seeing the consultant at the beginning in Oct 2010 and finally getting on the list in May I'd managed to motivate myself enough to lose 3.5stone. Now 5 months on it all seems to be creeping back on (11lbs so far) and I can't seem to find the motivation to get kick started again. Can't help but think i'm just going to sabotage the whole thing for myself and they're going to ultimately kick me off the list.

Why is it so easy to lose weight initially but so bloody hard to maintain it long term!!

I'm very frustrated with myself at the moment :(

H x

I'm the same, I have regained 11lb of the 40 I lost and I've become the munch monster. If you find a solution, please let me know, the surgeon told me not to gain, I am starting to panic now!

Don't be disheartened, girls. This is why we need WLS ... if we could do it alone, we would. Just remember we are all here to support you through bad times. Don't worry about the weight you have regained, tomorrow is a new day when you can start afresh whilst you wait for your turn to come around, & it will xxx :):)

Im struggling to lose the 38lb i was asked and i dread lossing it and putting it back on :( i can understand how you are both feeling ((((hug)))).

Keep the faith ladies, we're all here to support you.
Take each day as it comes, if you feel you've been on the list forever have you tried ringing the hospital and get yourself on the cancellation list etc. Just keep plaguing them they'll get the message that you're not going away and hopefully you'll get your date before you regain all that you've lost:):)

Good luck

I feel the same, thought it was just me. I've seen the Dr. and have an appointment to see the surgeon on 31st oct. I was given a goal by the Dr. to lose 14lb before my next appointment with him on 17th Jan. In my head I keep thinking if I lose now and then have chirstmas to get through i'll only put it on again, but then I have only three weeks after christmas to lose. I know my thinking is irrational, but if I was a rational person when it came to food maybe I wouldn't be here now! I think the one thing I want is a date for surgery and that is when I can really knuckle down. Can't seem to get my head in a good place where I know I need to get dieting seriously and begin changing the rest of my life. Maybe because I have dieted, tried eating healthy so many times and have failed.

I had all good intentions to try again today, but messed up. Blamed it on the fact that hubby has passed his germs onto me and I feel poorly, but that's just an excuse. I got a meal ready to heat earlier but had a bag of Haribo instead. Now I'm trying to talk myself into having the meal instead of toast, and it's 10.30 pm!
Tomorrow I'm going to have,
BF
Oats so simple with sweetener
Lunch
Scrambled egg and grilled tomato.
Dinner
Fish, broccoli and green beans.
That's how I did it before. x

Thanks for the support guys, really appreciate it! And it's oddly nice to know that I'm not the only one!!!

I'm back on the old salads tomorrow! Didn't know there was a seperate cancellation list I could ask to go on so I'll ask about that when I go and see the dietician in a couple of weeks.

H x

Thanks for the support guys, really appreciate it! And it's oddly nice to know that I'm not the only one!!!

I'm back on the old salads tomorrow! Didn't know there was a seperate cancellation list I could ask to go on so I'll ask about that when I go and see the dietician in a couple of weeks.

H x

I got my op on the short notice list. I had my pre op on 19/09 and was asked if I would be able to have it at short notice to which I nearly shouted YES, but at that point had no idea it was something that would happen to me & was told they were looking at around 3mnths for me. So I came home quite happy with that. Then on the 26/09 I had a phonecall to see if I wanted to go in on 03/10 ... :eek: Well the rest is history & now I am a week post op having lost 26lbs in the 2 weeks since getting the call & feeling great. So if you ask if you can go on the short notice list, don't be shocked if it happens ... it seems to be the month for it, lol xxx :):)

I asked if there was a cancellation list at our hospital and was told no.

They didn't call it the cancellation list at my hospital, the nurse just asked me if I would be available at short notice. I know all hospitals are different though xxx :):)

Good news, what about time for the pre op diet? Well done on your wl. I'd go tomorrow if I could :(

Good news, what about time for the pre op diet? Well done on your wl. I'd go tomorrow if I could :(

I only managed 7 days on the milk diet so the first thing I asked my surgeon was, was my liver OK. He said it was fine & 7 days is plenty for the pre op milk diet so don't know why they set it at 10 normally. Who am I to argue, lol xxx :)

You will still have all these problems to face post op,so try to get your heads in the right place now.Trust me it is just as hard further out from surgery.Im back at Slimming World at nearly 8 months and have started to put the pounds on again,something I swore would never happen again.

You will still have all these problems to face post op,so try to get your heads in the right place now.Trust me it is just as hard further out from surgery.Im back at Slimming World at nearly 8 months and have started to put the pounds on again,something I swore would never happen again.

Have you any idea why this has happened? Guessing you don't dump. You must be really fed up after going through the op & it not completely resolving things for you. I think by the time we get our op most of us realise it is not going to be easy & that we will need to work just as hard to make it work for us. I am just a week post op & so no idea whether I dump or not but am going to try my best not to find out, lol. Good luck with Slimming World x :)

I asked if there was a cancellation list at our hospital and was told no.

Yes ... so was I!!! I was advised that they couldn't have a cancellation list as the patients have to complete the pre-diet!!! Understandable, but don't people cancel a couple of weeks in advance sometimes???

I understand how you all feel ... I'm my heaviest I have ever been, and although I start each day with good intentions, they usually disappear by the afternoon ... and certainly evening, when I wait for my hubby to go to bed before I decide if its toast and marmalade that I think I need ... and exactly how many slices!!! :sigh:

I even say "I have to lose a stone by **/**/**" ... yeah, right!!! That date comes and goes ... so the next target date comes along ... although I actually don't write these down, and I KNOW that a goal is only a goal when it is written down!!! Perhaps I should try that!!?? ;)

xxx

I'm feeling a little like this my self I've been on the weight management course for 10 mths now and yesterday when I went I'd put on 2lb :( this mth I was well annoyed with myself but I've only myself to blame lol that chippy meal on fri was defiantly not a little treat lol but hopefully I'm bk in healthy eating mode today and when I go next mth I'd have lost the gained 2 n a extra 2 :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had all good intentions to try again today, but messed up. Blamed it on the fact that hubby has passed his germs onto me and I feel poorly, but that's just an excuse. I got a meal ready to heat earlier but had a bag of Haribo instead. Now I'm trying to talk myself into having the meal instead of toast, and it's 10.30 pm!
Tomorrow I'm going to have,
BF
Oats so simple with sweetener
Lunch
Scrambled egg and grilled tomato.
Dinner
Fish, broccoli and green beans.
That's how I did it before. x
you can do it BUT dont beat yourself up, every day is new you have to think new every day , if you break it down into small goals i think we manage better instead of big amounts over a long period small amounts over a small period may be the solution untill you get your surgery good luck xxxxxxxxx

Back