• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking water after sleeve

shaunasmile

Hi guys,

Could you please explain the process of drinking water or fluids after a sleeve operation. Will i for the rest of my life only be sipping?

Thanls x

No it gets easier with time - I am 8 months out and you can drink more. I still can not have a drink with a meal as I get full up but it does get easier with time. But I did find it very frustrating in the beginning as I felt like I was having to drink continuously. Xx

I'm 6 months out and I can take three proper mouthfuls at a time then wait a few minutes and then the same again. At first it was sip sip!

thanks for the info on sip sip but how long before you can take anouther sip since we are begging in summer

At first it was a sip every minute or son, now I can swallow three mouthfuls every minute or so. I can do 500ml in an hour and a half as a guide.

Although weirdly, since my sleeve I can't tolerate plain water. I used to be a spring water drinker - that's off the menu now so I buy flavoured still waters from Aldi (89p for 4). It's the only way I can be sure to get fluids down.

Back