• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Water

honeykiss

I Know this sounds like a stupid question But I am so thirsty after my dinner, it was a spicy lentil dahl and I know I have to wait 30 minutes before a drink but can someone explain to me why?

Is it becuase the water forces the food through the smaller pouch quickly or is it that after food the volume of it could stretch the pouch?

Please enlighten me...

You would think after four years of research I would know!!

I am currently 6 weeks 3 days post op.

Wendy

I think it May be a bit of both but iam sure someone will be along shortly with a better answer well shud I say a more explained answer.

Hi sweetie, I think it pushes your food through your system before you have taken all the nutrients from it so can lead to malabsorbsion.Know what you mean though, it is a hard habit to break, eating & drinking together. xxx :):):)

This has been by far the worse part of this journey so far. I have always been so used to having a glass of water with a meal now I have to wait the dreaded 30 mins. Last nite was hard as I had a bit of pain after eating I could only eat 2 teaspoons in the end coz I was having pain and then I had to wait. It was the longest ever. But I find if I occupy my mind by doing something else the time does fly by.

Back