• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Importance of water!!!

greyputy

Hi all

I found this on Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. Thought I would share with yourselves as its very important you get your fluids. I am hopeless myself for not drinking enough and I am pre op so also need to sort my own act out :)

"Drinking enough water at the right time

Water is important because it flushes toxins from your liver and kidneys, regulates body temperature, and reduces the risk of many cancers. It also helps with digestion, lubricates your joints, allows you to use glycogen in your muscles, which provides you with energy, and helps eliminate hunger by taking up space in your pouch.

Prior to surgery you received a great deal of water from the foods you ate. After surgery you don't have the same capacity to eat, which is why many post-op patients are prone to dehydration.

You need to ensure you're drinking enough water. However, you also need to avoid eating and drinking at the same time because your new pouch is too small to allow both liquid and solid foods."

... Great post Greyputy! I for one definitely don't drink enough fluids never mind water and it's something that I need to get in the habit of doing over the next few weeks! xxx

lynne08 said:
... Great post Greyputy! I for one definitely don't drink enough fluids never mind water and it's something that I need to get in the habit of doing over the next few weeks! xxx

Thanks. I liked the bit about getting a lot of fluid from food pre op. didn't really think about it that way :)

I don't drink enough by half :( Thanks for sharing. Good thread. I keep telling myself that I'm going to address my fluid intake, but never get round to it!!

I too always find myself looking back over the day and realising that I have not had enough fluid. It is no good me trying to make up for it during the evening as it then keeps me up all night in the bathroom :8855:

I really do have to make more of an effort. I try and drink two and a half pints of water a day as well as tea and coffee etc. Not easy at all and is kind of restricting if you want to go out for the day or something like that. However I will try harder as I hope it will increase weight loss :)

Back