• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Return to work after wrap.....advice needed!

LuCo

Hello,

I am considering having the wrap done with Dr Hruby and there are 2 dates I am able to get it done but am not sure which one would be best.

I can either;

Get it done in November and return to work 9 days after surgery but on light duties. This would mean come Christmas I would be 6 weeks post op and on my way back to normality.

Alternatively I could get it done on 18th December, 7 days before Christmas. I wouldn't have to return to work until 2 weeks later but would be rough for Christmas. I would also need to explain to everyone in my extended family that we have Christmas dinner with why I am not able to have dinner with them. I am hoping to only tell a select few so this would be a bit awkward.

How quickly have people been able to return to work after the wrap? Also how well did you feel after a week of having it done?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me! :)

My vote is for the November date, firstly get it done as soon as you can, then you are on your way to a thinner you.

Secondly, the awkward telling people moments, have become really really awkward for me, that I'll avoid these situations if I can. No-one else needs to know other than who you want to, rather than you feel you have to explain.

I am thinking November mainly for the reason of having to tell people I didn't want to at Christmas.

My partner has always been really thin and thinks I should wait until next year and see if I still think it's a good idea. She think it's just something that has popped into my head that is a short cut and that I could lose the weight without having it done. I have been considering it for a while though and have tried countless amount of diets etc with no joy. I can't see anything else working for me so think waiting until next year is just wasting time.

What do you think about returning to work after 8/9 days?

Hi luco. I vote December as I'm there on the same dates lol! I don't mind struggling over Christmas. I've told my family already so it's not an issue for me however my sister said to say I've got a stomach bug if anyone else asks why I can't pig out as usual on the boxes of roses!!! Plus you don't have to lose holidays for surgery!! :) I'm just being selfish really wanting an English person there when I am!! Lol. Goodluck with your decision.

Hi Jules, sorry to dissapoint but I have just booked up for Tuesday 13th November. I'm hoping to be a bit closer to normality come Christmas in the hope that nobody will notice a difference apart from some weight loss.

I'll be going back to work offshore 9 days after surgery so I'm just going to tell people I'm on a soup and protein diet....hopefully people will believe me! :eek:

I'll let you know how it goes since I'm going first, I'm sure it will be fine though :)

We are from Glasgow flying from Edinburgh what about u? We going on the Sunday 11 Nov. Op Wed xx

We are from Glasgow flying from Edinburgh what about u? We going on the Sunday 11 Nov. Op Wed xx

Flying from Manchester on the Sunday, op on Tuesday, home on Friday and back to work the following Thursday. Hopefully by then I'll be feeling better and not too weak!

That's ok luco! Lol. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm pleased your booked with dr hruby. He has a really good following in here. :)

That's good we be there on same day we needcto stay till following Sunday. Look forward to meeting u. What did he say to u regarding pre op diet? Xx

That's ok luco! Lol. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm pleased your booked with dr hruby. He has a really good following in here. :)

Yes I've never seen a bad word about him as yet which is promising! :)

I'll let you know how I get on and I hope everything goes ok for you :)

That's good we be there on same day we needcto stay till following Sunday. Look forward to meeting u. What did he say to u regarding pre op diet? Xx

I look forward to meeting you and your sister too :) My last email to him was confirming my flight details etc and asking what sort of pre-op diet I need to be doing and he hasn't replied to that email just yet.

What did he say to you about it?

Hi Lynz, see you are from Glasgow like me. I take it you are flying Jet2 from Edinburgh. What are you doing luggage wise? I too am thinking about a trip to Turnov, but wondering what to do. I want to take a carry on, because laptops and other valuables not insured in the hold. What have Jet2 said about this? Will they give assistance to get bag onto aircraft and into/out of overhead bins? With a stay of several days, need things like laptop, kindle etc. to combat boredom.

Hi Lynz, see you are from Glasgow like me. I take it you are flying Jet2 from Edinburgh. What are you doing luggage wise? I too am thinking about a trip to Turnov, but wondering what to do. I want to take a carry on, because laptops and other valuables not insured in the hold. What have Jet2 said about this? Will they give assistance to get bag onto aircraft and into/out of overhead bins? With a stay of several days, need things like laptop, kindle etc. to combat boredom.

I am flying with Jet2 from Manchester. I have booked a bag in the hold and will be taking my laptop bag as hand luggage. The maximum for hand luggage is 10kg so I'm hoping I'll be ok lifting that into the overhead locker and I'll just be carrying it on over my shoulder.

When are you thinking of going? I'll let you know how I get on after I've been :)

Thanks Luco, not planning anything until the New Year. I am sure I'll find out how you get on if you post on here. I avidly follow all threads/posts about Czech tourists, I find them really useful!

Thanks Luco, not planning anything until the New Year. I am sure I'll find out how you get on if you post on here. I avidly follow all threads/posts about Czech tourists, I find them really useful!

Yep me too! I'd never of found out about Dr Hruby or had the confidence to get booked up without it :)

Hi emmten, where in Glasgow u from? Yes I'm flying from Edinburgh jet 2 IV booked a bag in the hold too. Just easier when packing lol. Dr hruby toodles me to go on a high protein low calerie diet a month before surgery. People on here said 10 days, I double checked with him he told me again a month so that's what I'm doing....x

I don't think you'll be eating Xmas dinner that quickly post op if that helps x

Back