• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Driving

daftmoo

How long after your op did you start driving again?
I'm pain free, can pull my stomach in and push it out, stretch right up and touch my toes all without any twinges, am I safe to drive now?

Sue I felt like I could have driven home from hospital but I was not allowed to but I drove after about a week.
There was a funny sensation that felt like my tummy had a mind of it's own and was bobling about all over the place

Check with your insurance company. I had to wait 14 days before I was allowed to drive and even then I could feel a tug on my tummy muscles when negotiating roundabouts and tight bends. You also need to be able to do an emergency stop safely and without hurting yourself.

i was told 4 - 6 weeks by my insurance company strange they all vary again just like the hospitals ....................why can't things in this country be easy x

I think this just demonstrates why asking questions such as these, and in particular health related questions, are not always practical on a forum. The only people who can answer them are those in charge of either your healthcare, insurance or whatever it might relate to.

I think sometimes there's a very fine line between asking for people's general advice and experiences and asking for specific medical or legal advice.

I was told at least 2 weeks but you should check with your team and also your insurer.

I was told 2 weeks also, but I agree with Twiggie. Check with your insurance company, and follow your own medical team's advice.

I was driving 12 days post op but only did local runs, not because i wasn't capable of a long drive but was still tired from my op!

I was told if i can do an emergency stop then i can drive, got my Trev in the car and drove 50 yds up the road and said 'Brace yourself'... Err do you think i should have waited for him to do it before i hit the brakes cos i didn't.... Anyway we stopped immediately and there was no discomfort....

Mind you saying that daftmoo i have kinda challenged my body since my op... I'm a stubborn old mare lol xxx

What are like lol

Back