• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry skin post op

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hello everyone, what a wonderful snowy day!!!

I just wondered if anyone else had REALLY bad dry skin post op? I had my op almost 4 weeks ago & my skin has never been like this before.

TMI alert - I took of my black leggings yesterday & the insides were just covered in dry skin from my legs!! Sorry, I know it's foul, but hey I'm sure you've read worse!!!! :ashamed0005:

I take it it's cos I'm not able to drink nearly enough. I've never used to much moisturiser, Soap & Glory are making a fortune out of me!!!

xx

Heya Pookie

my feet are very very dry, never ever been like it before, legs are too but not as bad as my feet.

yep i have it too - on my face! swap ya! lol... im using a cream from lush.. seems to be helping! xx

Can totally relate to this topic although I suffered dry skin before the op as had a low fat diet but now it's much worse. It's like a snow storm everynight when I get undressed!! Presumed it's because we no longer eat much fatty food and now don't get to absorb much to boot! Apart from excess moisturising I don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions????

Lynda

Yep I'm Boots best customer since the op if there's a cream I've got it. Gets better as you rehydrate

M

would some emolient such as oilatum, prescribed from the doctor, help you all in any way? i mean eczema is a dry skin condition isn't it....

Its blardy annoying isnt it!! Mine isnt as bad as it could be but my hands look horrible, well they do to me anyway.
My skin just feels as though it is crying out for some moisture, will up my fluids and get some Oilatum and lots of moisturiser. I did have dry skin pre-op but nothing like now.
Steph xx

I never had dry skin pre-op but after my op especially the first month my hands were awful! It does go away though sooner then later and now my skin is fine and i'd even go to say my complexion is great! x

I had dry skin the first couple of months post op. Now it only gets too dry if I dont make an effort to drink plenty so my advice is to up the fluid.
x

asked my dietician and he said it is because we are dehydrated so we have to make sure we are getting more fluids. I had lovely soft skin and now its scaley horrible. I have been using rescue oil im my bath and has helped big time so as its cheaper than Bio oil you can use it in the bath but also use baby oil in bath as good as. At least we know we are not alone!!

Back