• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumbo

belbouteloup

Hi Folks
Sorry to be a pain, have been fiddling around for ages(should have done the ironing an hour ago):rolleyes: to get that ticker thing on my posts. have clicked onto the link, filled it all out, gone into the BB bit, right cliked and pressed copy, but then what do i do ? also to get a groovy signature, i went into user cp do i then go into edit signature ? sorry to be such a thicko

Bellsie xxxxxxxxx

and even dumber

ooops ok i think the signature did work, but how do i get it glittery etc ? god i`m sad xxx

Shelbell, just saw your fantastic weight loss, and you only had op 2 months ago, am having mine on 14th oct. Do you feel ok now, mentally as well as physicaly ? It`s just that i have 2 young kids and i`m worried i wont cope after my bypass op, what with the lifting, and tiredness etc and it`s pretty demanding already, just wondererd how long it takes to get your strength back ?

I feel great :D I was bad for about a week, very tired and couldn't do much. After my staples came out I was much more comfortable which helped. Stayed tired for about 2-3 weeks but was back at work quickly and have managed fine. Now, I have lots more energy than before and mentally am feeling more confident already :)

Claire (clairelou) has a young lad, and had to go back to being a mummy very quickly post op, and she coped just fine. I'll ask her to come on here and tell you about it.

Shel

np ;) i've left a message for her so she'll be about soon. I was lifting up my 22month old nephew a few days post op lol (naughty shel) and managed ok. I just had to adapt how I lifted him and made sure I wasn't standing holding him for long etc. My main problem was picking things up off the floor! I dropped a carton of soup a few days post op and had to call my mum to get her to come and clean it up lol.

Do you have friends/family close by who can help?

I do luckily. i plan on making my husband my butler for a week, though he`ll probably drive me sooo nuts, i send him back to work (hee hee)

you'll be grand then :D

Hi Bellsie...i`m a single mum with a 2 1/2 yr old who i had the full time job of caring for form 2 days after my surgery. I had explained to him that mum was having an operation & wouldn`t be able to pick him up & luckily he was really good. It is really tiring for the first few weeks as Shel said & obviously your 17 month old won`t be able to understand that you can`t do as much. After about 2 weeks i was back to be able to do most things the bending was never really a problem the lifting even up to a month after i could feel my insides pulling if i did anything too strenuous. Just try to go with what your body tells you you can manage & take any help offerred with the kids.

If you need to ask anything specifically contact me my msn is [email protected]

Hi bells, i had a 14 month old and 7 year old at the time of my op. My hubbie was working away and had to get on with it as they say. I'll be honest was hard work and knackering and would advise you to take full advantage of your hubbie looking after you. xx

hI FOLKS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER, ABOUT THE WHOLE THING NOW,INFACT I`M REALLY STARTING TO GET EXCITED,I`VE TOLD MY HUBBY THAT I REALLY NEED HIS SUPPORT, WE HAVE A RESTAURANT AND SO ONE OF US USUALLY WORKS NIGHTS, BUT HE`S GOING TO TAKE A FEW NIGHTS OFF,HE`LL BE ABOUT AS MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE TEAPOT(BLESS HIM) BUT AT LEAST HE`S THERE AND HOPEFULLY MY MUM WILL HELP IN THE DAY. HAVE TO STAY IN HOSPITAL FOR 4 DAYS, SO HOPEFULLY SHOULD GET MYSELF TOGETHER, BUT HAVE NEVER BEEN AWAY FROM THEM THAT LONG,BUT HOPEFULLY THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS OP IS THAT I`LL BE AROUND FOR A WHOLE LOT LONGER IN THE FUTURE XXXXXXXX

i give up

Jeez, i give up :confused: !!!! do you have to have sent a certain amount of posts to get a profile pic and a weight ticker ?

Back