• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dumping and potatoes

allstarcheer921

Im pretty sure what I feel after trying mashed potatoes is dumping. My chest hurts mainly my esophogase area almost like im choking I hurl constantly throw up foam and than throw up what I ate. Is this dumping? Did anyone else have this problem with potatoes?

No, dumping has nothing to do with being sick etc. Dumping syndrome makes you feel clammy and tired.

It just sounds like your trying to eat too much. Try eating slower and smaller quantities at a time.

One of the things that can be hard to do when eating soft foods like mash, is to actually chew for long enough so that the food travels down gradually.

As others have said smaller mouthfuls or retain the food in your mouth for longer and take longer between mouthfuls.

One of the things that can be hard to do when eating soft foods like mash, is to actually chew for long enough so that the food travels down gradually.

That explains it perfectly. I imagine you think you can take it more as it is already sloppy. I hope I remember this advice when my turn comes.

Our stomachs used to churn our food to make it easier to pass through our digestive system,now we have a smaller stomach we have to use our mouth to mush the food instead!

Back