• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not dumping - regurgitating!

tendersage

I have not managed to keep my last 3 meals down, and have spoken to my dietician, who is stumped as i am not drinking with meals, am eatihng slow, and chewing well. all the foods have been things i have had before, so its been a bit mystifying as to why i am like this.

However it seems he thinks i am regurgitating and not dumping as i am bringing food back up fairly quickly and am only really getting warm with it. He believes this might be because of the gallstome i have, that perhaps it got larger!! I did tell him i was hormonal but he did not think this would be the cause of it.

Anyone else had this problem?

I get this if I eat just one spoonful too much....try adjusting your portion sizes down a bit....it only takes the most smallest amount for it to want to creep back up your throat and down the toilet pan lol...xx

thats just it CG i am not over eating for instance last night all i managed was 1oz chicken, breakfast was 3 desert spoons special k, and lunch was one slice oven roasted ham with all fat taken off... not one meal stayed down,

On a good day i can manage 400-500 calories i would not call those last 3 meals over the top

Wow spoken to nurse for surgicare now and shes going to speak to Mr ammouri (sp?) who is not my surgeon but a name i recognise from you lot after all Surgicare did start up in manchester first.

she is baffled as well, when i explained how little i am eating, and insisted at the forst sign of any pain i go to A&E LOL do i detect a trend here? She will get back to me after speaking to Mr A

thanks TBT i think the hormones peeked yesterday morning, and the cry and sleep put them to bed after a long week of ups and downs. Either that of Jonah did a good job of throwing them out the window :)

Is it possible that it might have stress related issue, the very fact you are worrying about it a lot might make things tighter down below? Its just a thought, as I know when I am worried and tense I get more restriction.

strange i am fairly relaxed compared to the last week, and i am concerned about it as its now 3 meals on the trot, have had odd ones before and thought i was dumping, but they have been exactly the same as these three, so maybe whatever this is has jumped forward.

I now want to scream as i took in the referal details for my gallbladder removal to my GP and they cannot find them, nor have they refered me to Mr Mannur at Hommerton!!!! this should have been done a few weeks ago, and because i had not expected anything from him yet had not followed it up. so i now have to find time to go to the surgery and see a Dr so he can refer me and too top that off i am about to start night shift and the dr is only available in them mornings when i HAVE to sleep

what a great day i am having...

You poor thing, sorry i cant help as i have a band but know that if i eat too quickly i end up bringing it back up again, but obviously this is not the problem that you are having. Didnt want to read and run so just hope that you soon feel better. julie

Richard it is both the solids or i should say very chewed up solids and saliva, lots of it

Richard it is both the solids or i should say very chewed up solids and saliva, lots of it

Ok if i over eat i regurgitate mouthfuls of saliva - think this is fairly common for us all, its only if i really over eat i have to get some of it out so sick it up until i feel comfortable again !

I'm not sure whats going on in you as it doesn't sound like over eating or just the normal sort of regurgitation !
So may have something to do with your stones ?

Sorry Sage cant really suggest anything, just keep drinking clear fluids and stay hydrated !

R

Hi TS hope you feel better soon! Sorry - not experienced anything like this so can't shed any light other than to say that Mr Ammori from surgicare is FAB and am sure will be able to suggest something. xx

just a thought T what sort of food is it is dairy or oily fish or is it food in general? Cause both of the above does cause sickness in people with gall stones

its food in general, chicken, ham, veggies doesn't matter what it is.

Managed to keep dinner down, but did feel as if it was going to come back up a few times, so it was better but not perfect, and certainly was not over eating even though i managed to eat more then any of the other 3 meals

Hiya

Sounds like to me your pouch is a llittle raw . i had some hot food once and for a few days i was sick alot . as soon as it touched my insides it came back up.
but i didnt feel sick.

Not saying you have been eating hot food :D:D

Are you still taking anti acids

I hope you get sorted soon its not nice i know.

Maybe try a spoon full of complan if that stays down then you maybe a little raw inside

Frosty I had this once also, I was eating a ready meal in work and it had been microwaved a tad too long and was really hot, it made my pouch very tender for a good few days and certain foods did not like to sit. I also have to say if I have some poached egg no matter how small an amount it regurgates most of the time...I think my tum expels it because it does not like it for some reason...hope you get it sorted but try not to worry...xx

Frosty I had this once also, I was eating a ready meal in work and it had been microwaved a tad too long and was really hot, it made my pouch very tender for a good few days and certain foods did not like to sit. I also have to say if I have some poached egg no matter how small an amount it regurgates most of the time...I think my tum expels it because it does not like it for some reason...hope you get it sorted but try not to worry...xx

I dont get this any more, i've probably burnt away all the nerve endings in my pouch as i eat far to much hot and spicy food, the first mexican post op put pay to any feeling down there for good lol :D

Back