• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been very bad on pre op diet !!!!

everpositive

:devilangel:

Not surprisingly I am having a tough time of it trying to stick to these shakes and soups!! Feel pretty fed up with myself, just like everytime I resolve to do the right thing about my eating habits. Should have started yesterday on a 5 day liver shrinking plan. My bypass is this Friday. Did ok all day then gave into temptation at 5pm and ate chicken pie and sauteed potatoes. Pathetic!! Then today did fine, although felt dizzy and had a headache up until 5ish, when I, well.............. lets just say I overate AGAIN!! Too ashamed to say what! I just can't believe that I'm so close to my big day and yet so able to ignore the medical advice about what I need to do. Now I'm scared my liver will be too huge for them to operate. All comments greatly welcome.:(:sigh::break_diet:

Ok so you have broken it twice, get back on the wagon and take it easy on yourself....I was fortunate I did not need to do this diet, try to stick to healthy stuff and low carbs....if you feel bad now imagine how you will feel on friday if they wake you to tell you they never did it....it was my biggest fear and the first thing I asked when I was coming around....hope this helps to keep you on track....if you feel tempted to eat get on here and tell us we will try to help...xx

Right

*fetches dominatrix outfit back off PG*

Time to draw a line under it now. You do not want to go through surgery and come round to find nothing has been done, and believe me, it does happen!

The dizzy sicky headache feeling will keep coming back if you keep eating in the evenings, because you are not giving your body time to get into ketosis. If you stick to the plan for 2 -3 days, then the headaches etc will vanish and instead you will feel full of energy and not even slightly hungry.

Repeat after me -

I am a strong and able woman

I can handle anything

I can do this.

Now just keep saying those over and over, until your voice starts to sound like you believe it :D

Any time at all you feel tempted, jump on line and post a help. There is nearly always someone online to talk you down again. Alternatively, if you have anyone's number off here, use it and text when you need to. If you need a number, shout, and I'll give you my mother in laws, nah just kidding, I'll give you mine ;)

Now don't be hard on yourself, just draw that line and leave it behind you.

Thanks to you both for your comments. Do you think 3 full days of doing it right will be sufficiant enough to shrink the liver though??:confused::confused:

I don't know Claire, it's going to depend on what condition your liver was in to start, what you've eaten off plan, and you're own body because we all react differently to these diets. Have you weighed yourself at all?

claire whats done is done resolve now to embrace the liver shrinking diet as yr best friend who is relying on you for support. you wouldnt let her down would you.
remember to ward off the headaches you must drink plenty of water to flush the yoxins out of yr body the more you drink the better you feel.
ps the toilet will also become yr best friend.
all the best
hc

Just wanted to say these ladies are right & wouldn't steer you wrong. Also 3 days of sticking to it is better than none!

Best of luck:)

Right

*fetches dominatrix outfit back off PG*

Time to draw a line under it now. You do not want to go through surgery and come round to find nothing has been done, and believe me, it does happen!

The dizzy sicky headache feeling will keep coming back if you keep eating in the evenings, because you are not giving your body time to get into ketosis. If you stick to the plan for 2 -3 days, then the headaches etc will vanish and instead you will feel full of energy and not even slightly hungry.

Repeat after me -

I am a strong and able woman

I can handle anything

I can do this.

Now just keep saying those over and over, until your voice starts to sound like you believe it :D

Any time at all you feel tempted, jump on line and post a help. There is nearly always someone online to talk you down again. Alternatively, if you have anyone's number off here, use it and text when you need to. If you need a number, shout, and I'll give you my mother in laws, nah just kidding, I'll give you mine ;)

Now don't be hard on yourself, just draw that line and leave it behind you.

Oh er Shel - do love it when you get angry ! lol :whoopass:

Claire - sorry cant offer any more than the others, only support for your situation.

cant offer you any practical advice other than i am normally on here all hours of the day so if you need to shout ill hear you if you want my number pm and ill send it back, I got broad shoulders and i can handle it

Is there something in the air on the forum shel getting all in control and tough talking, charlie girl is taking the bull by the horns and im actually making sense with the stuff im giving out quick bottle it.:8855::8855::8855:

I know Terri, we've all gone a bit new years freaky! I think my inner dominatrix was always there ;)

Richard...behave or get back in your box ;)

Im loving the idea of your SIZE 14 dominatrix outfit shel. We'll all be queueing up to borrow it when its too big for you lol.

No advice Claire, Just a hug. Stay strong hun and put the blip behind you x

Im loving the idea of your SIZE 14 dominatrix outfit shel. We'll all be queueing up to borrow it when its too big for you lol.

Well, as long as it is safe, sane and consensual...

Fall of a bike and whaddya do? Get back on it and pedal. Keep peddling Claire. It will be worth it.

like the others have said what done is done you can do nowt about it so get up tomorrow new mind new person
only 3 days away to teh new brand new you
it WILL be worth it
put a note on your kitchen door that says op on friday stay strong.
dont give them a chance to not do it.
try hard
it will be worth it
xxx

Come on claire, you've come too far to be weak now...its only 3 days thats it, then you have the rest of your life. Be strong and do a lot of sleeping, it will go faster then! lol GOOD LUCK. x

How are you feeling today Claire?

Hiya everyone,

Thanks for all your comments. Been a good, good girl today and stuck to it 100%. I guess this is what drug addicts and alcoholics go through when they ditch their bad stuff?

Hiya everyone,

Thanks for all your comments. Been a good, good girl today and stuck to it 100%. I guess this is what drug addicts and alcoholics go through when they ditch their bad stuff?

:clap: see, you can do it :) just take it day by day, or even hour by hour if that's what it takes.

You're right, it's like a psychological withdrawal from not just the foods we like and enjoy, but the crutches we lean on emotionally too. Believe me, it's worth it in the end!

It is really tough but believe in yourself and you will do it! well done on having a better day like shel says take it day by day and don't be so tough on yourself it's major life changes and that is really hard to manage. keep strong hun x

Back