• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dumping patterns changing?

jaynefrances

I'm 17 months post op and although i'm not mega sensitive like some people, i do dump easily on sugars. I quickly learned my limits - no more than 3 pieces of choc, 2 biscuits, one scoop of ice cream or two spoons of a "normal" pudding. Unfortunately for me i have never had problems with fatty foods and things such as butter or cream have not caused me to dump (which has made it so hard for me to shift the last couple of stones)
However, the past few weeks i seem to be consistently very sensitive to both sugar and fat. Amounts of either, that i can normally tolerate are making me feel really sickly, hot and tired.
Now don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining - this could be the breakthrough i need to kickstart the weightloss again. My willpower needs all the help it can get and i've already noticed that i have started putting less butter on my bread or none at all sometimes and i've just resisted the second bickie with my cuppa, because i can't face the risk of feeling ill. I just wish i'd always had this problem !
Anyway, after the ramble, my question is - has anyone else experienced this sudden change so long after surgery, does anyone know why it happens and does it last?

Hi, I'm seven months out now and initially was a really sensitive dumper. It did eventally settle down or so I thought and what I thought was 'hot flushes' returning is in fact dumping. I don't have the trots I used to have just mega sweating and tiredness if I stray usually fatty foods. Two nights ago I tried a little bit of tinned rice pudding and the consequences were not very nice. Anyway I'm due for a follow up appointment Wednesday at Derby and can't wait to see the dietician just to make sure and to discuss my diet etc., Unfortunately had to cancel an appointment at end of March as I was made redundant that day and next available date was 22nd.

some foods are your friend one day and your worst enemy the next, think it depends on how much you have drank during the day ... and what foods you have also eaten. dont take any food for granted apart from protein plain and simple x

Back