• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Itch Itch Itch...idea's for creams for excess skin!

emma-louise

my new life!!
Well..
My itching started a few weeks ago,
This morning I've noticed where I've been itching my skin is all wrinkled and it's excess skin due to me loosing 6 stone since end of sept.
I'm really happy,and knew this was something that there's no getting away from.
I'm exercising and walking the most I can,but the itch is driving me mad!
I'm using bio oil as much as possible and palmers butter..
But I'm still very itchy..
Does anyone know of a good cream or product,the oil and palmers I'm using now are good but wondered if there's anything else?
Or would u have to go doctors?
Any info would be great..
Thanks x

Maybe sudocreme is worth a go?
I still have a pot around now even though my babies are grown up x

You can get doublebase on prescription, which is for dry skin problems but also itching and irritation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Have you tried Aveeno ? my eldest used it for her psoriasis but we have started using it for almost all itchy skin ... its amazing you can buy it as a lotion or as a bath soak .. its made from oats etc and very very good i can highly reccomend it :)

I haven't had WLS yet, but I suffer from itchy skin all the time and have found that whatever skin cream I use HAS to be consistently applied within 5-10 minutes after getting out of the shower/bath. Basically the lotion/cream's job is to trap the moisture in your skin.

Works for me, hope it will continue to do so post-op!

Emma it may be worth going to the doc and getting it documented in case you are considering plastics later and you need evidence of the problems the excess skin is causing. Hope you get some relief from the itching soon!

tranquil x

That's a point,
I think I might just go doctors and see if I can get a stronger cream.
I didn't think I would start to be itchy this soon due to excess skin.
How's it been for anyone else when u have lost quite a lot of weight?

Sure you are not taking meds that could cause it?do you take Fastabs they drove me round the bend with itching,stopped taking them.Dermol is quite good off doc.I take fish oil too.

Eurax! Amazing stuff!

i always use Metanium it stops the itching fast and although it does leave a yellow patch it drys up all the sweat. xxx

Tbh I dont think its down to excess skin,more change of diet.As we are eating a lot less fats and water in our food this must surely have an affect on hair,skin and nails,bone density etc.This is why we take supplements.More fluids and some good fat in small portions at your stage should help.maz x

Back