• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping ?

Yes amanda mine hits me like a bag of hammers. I once ate half a sausage from fish shop. I remember sitting down then I was out cold for a hour n half. Another time I ate a pot noodle and again within ten minutes I was out for the count.

Well thanks for that info!! maybe I am dumping after all!!! and just not realising it, because I have literally just conked out and slept when I shouldnt have been tired at all.. xxx

I remember when I had my band years ago, If I ate too much or lots of fat or sugar, I would too have similar symptoms to dumping - I'd feels hot and flushed and feel a bit faint and burpy - but I never had the abdo cramps and diarrhoea - I have done it a few times since bypass and it is horrible... First time on a piece of ham and the second time on a pot of M & S melons - for me both must have just had too much sugar - yet I am fine with a small slice of cake!! Our bodies are weird machines really!
xx

Ooh onion you have made my day! The thought that one day I might be able to have the smallest slice of cake! Xxx

I think I had this when I drank a whole slimfast. I took my time drinking it, but afterwards had a bit of diarrhoea, and went back to bed and slept for two hours. I also had abdo pain and felt a bit clammy. This was day 5 post-sleeve. I had drunk it on day 3 and 4 no problem. So on day 6 I just made half the amount and was fine. Is this what dumping feels like?

Dumping effects us all in different ways but they say only a very small proportion of us will dump but think they mean full on dumping. Even this far out I can eat something and be fine but next time feel hot and clammy.
I've had problems sleeping lately so I tried having to pieces of cadburys caramel before I went to bed and it worked a treat. It's got to be better than getting addicted to sleeping tablets

My problem would be that I wouldn't be able to stop at 2 pieces of cadburys caramel!! I love that choc!! lol xx

You have to be careful because even if you are a dumper at the start you can easily become inured to the symptoms & think you've stopped or its got less & can eat foods that caused you to dump without dumping anymore. It's a slippery slope to the wrong foods in you diet again. Beware & not everyone dumps or experiences some or any of the symptoms you have to be strong with yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Can I ask a question twice since my op I've had severe stomach pain and ended up sitting on the low for quite a while till I was able to go poop sorry for tmi it wasn't diarahh it was just soft , I do get a tad sweaty and hot with it but I dunno if this is classed as dumping ??? I had IBS previous to the op so I dunno of it's still that it not as it's exactly same symptoms I had with my ibs previous

My IBS symptoms have all but disappeared since my op, however other than the sweats that prelude my dumping is the cramps followed by violent clearance of the bowels, are similar to some of my IBS reactions but not as bad by a long way.

I thought mine had till that happened my reflux has improved though would you say it's dumping then

Back