• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Durham WLS

hi fay i was banded in sunderland on the nhs by mr small.

liz x

Hello you two! how are you doing?
Can you tell me what you've gone through so far?
I told my doc, (Framwellgate Moor - we live in Newton Hall, Durham - surgery will be carried out in Sunderland), that I'd been reading this site and mentioned 'applying for funding' etc. and I'm not sure whether he didn't know what I was talking about 'cause this doesn't happen in Durham/North East or if he's just not refered anyone before.
I'm just reallyyyyyyy worried now that the Doc's said he'd refer me for surgery incase it doesn't happen. I feel stuck in limbo land and don't really know what to expect.

Can you help???

Love,
Fay

Hi Fay, im in early stages at the moment. My Dr referred me in October and I have my first appointment next week at Sunderland(group session)not sure what this entales but i will keep you posted. As for funding I think you have to go through appointments at the hospital and see a Mr Small at Sunderland first then funding is applied for. This is all new to me so not sure myself how it works. Let us know how you get on, everyone on here is great.

Good Luck
j

hi fay, when i was refered by my gp i had no part in the funding process, he refered me then i got a letter for my 1st appointment through the post, but thats changed now as janie has to go to a group session, which ive not heard of b4 and must be a new thing as the demand for wls is getting high in our area.
any questions feel free to ask.

liz xxx

Hi. I think anyone having any kind of pre planned surgery is invited to a 'group session' with the surgeon, aneasthetist etc. My dad has a knee replacement at Sunderland earlier this year, and he attended some thing similar. There were about fifteen patients - all going for the same thing, and they had a kind of mini lecture about what would happen, they were given an introduction to the team and then given time for a Q and A session. Perhaps it's just the same for the gastric band?? You'll have to let us know how it goes!!!!!
All good though eh, at least it's progress.

Take care girlies!!!

Fay

yeah janie let us know what happens, i was just there yesterday having 1st fill in new band.

liz x

Back