• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused.com, sunderland,darlington or james cook?

pollybree

:confused:Hi everyone, i am very confused about which hospital to go for :confused::confused: I live in the co durham area and my doc intially said sunderland but i have read about the long waiting times so maybe I think I should try darlington or james cook??? Also I did not realise what a long process this would be my gp basically said she would refer me and yet i have read on here that they need to apply for the funding 1st???? What is the starting process for our area?? Any help would be great thanks so much xx

Well James Cook is further away from Durham, so I'd reckon North Tees should accept you OK.

Hi lovely where in Co. DURHAM do you live? I live in Willington nr Durham City and Bishop Auckland, that any where near you? I had to wait almost 2 years to get my op and am now 17months post bypass. I applied for no funding at all didnt even know thats what happened till read bout some folks on here having to do it thonk our docs must sort everything out. x

You should be ok to use North Tees; they often transfer patients to North Tees from Hartlepool hospital and lost of Co. Durham people go there instead of Durham or Sunderland hospitals (lived in Easington til I got married and all my family went to Hartlepool for treatment).

Sunderland were the only ones doing the op when I was referred, otherwise I would go to North Tees because its just around the corner to me in Stockton.

well my i am under sunderland been waiting nearly 2 years and now on waiting list for op which could take up to 6 months,. my mam had inntially went to sunderland for seminar but she couldnt go through with it. anyway she went to doctors last monday and he reffereed her she got her letter on saturday for seminar at darlington. where as it was a few weeks to months before i had went for mine. i think darlington is a lot quicker but i felt more comfy with sunderland as the staff have been lovely. although it is further sunderland was recommended by my mams doctor as sunderland have done these procedures alot longer but dont let that put you up. if darlington is closer then go for it. but you have to restart all over again if you decide to change is what my gp said. x good luck. x

Polly I live at ferryhill. and I am at Sunderland Royal and its seems to be taken me forever to get somewhere. I have been waiting nearly 2 year. I have been told Darlington Memorial are moving quite quick. Hope you get some-think sorted x

Back