• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Easy Whole Wheat Flatbread

MissCurves

[FONT=&quot]Minutes to Prepare: 35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Minutes to Cook: 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Number of Servings: 6[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 cup whole wheat flour[/FONT][FONT=&quot] plus 1 tablespoon for dusting the cutting board
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tips[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No need for special mixing equipment. Your hands will work just fine. Slowly incorporate the yogurt. If you herbs are full of moisture you may only need 1/2 cup yogurt. The dough should just pull together and release from your hands.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Directions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Combine the flour, baking powder,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] salt, and parsley in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup yogurt at a time, mixing until the dough is smooth.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wrap the dough in plastic and let rest for 30 minutes to an hour.
Divide the dough into six equal portions.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or a griddle over medium-high heat. Using a rolling pin, flatten each dough ball until it's about 6 inches in diameter. (Dust the dough and your work surface with flour as needed.)
Transfer the dough to the griddle one piece at a time, then cook for one to two minutes per side, flipping to the second side when you start to see the dough rise. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
Serve immediately or let cool, wrap in two layers of plastic and freeze for up to three months.

Makes 6 flatbreads.[/FONT] PROTEIN: 5.4g

Sorry I had to google stotties ;)... But yes your right, it does some what resemble them, but I think these are meant to be flatter then stotties. What I loved is the added protein with the greek yogurt.

Back