• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oatmeal Protein Bars

phatgirl

Oatmeal Protein Bars

Ingredients:
12 tablespoons Spelt Wheat Flour
8 tablespoons Quick Cook Oatmeal, Plain
8 tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut
8 tablespoons Protein Powder (I used BSN Lean Desserts Fresh cinnamon roll, any vanilla powder protein will do)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 tablespoons sugar-free syrup (vanilla, cinnamon or hazelnut will do)
2 Eggs beaten
1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
dash of Salt
4 tablespoons Chopped Nuts (I used mixed nuts)
8 tablespoons Dried Fruit
4 tablespoons Brown sugar Splenda (2 tbsp reserved for sprinkle on top)

Method:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c
2. Mix all ingredients (reserve 2 tbsp of brown sugar for sprinkle on top) in a bowl until well combined, if mixture seems too dry add a tablespoon of warm water. Should make a firm ball of dough.
3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spritz lightly with light oil spray.
4. Spread the dough into a layer measuring about 1.5 cenimeters, you have to spread it evenly as this dough will not rise. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar on top and press it in.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned, if you want them chewy, cut cook time, for dryer/crispy increase cooking time by a couple of minutes depending on your oven.
6. Remove from oven at desired time, let cool for 5 mins then cut into squares, should yield about 15 squares or 9 rectangle bars.
7. Let cool on a wire rack for a couple hours, then transfer them to an airtight container and consume within 3 days, or they can be frozen.

*I have tweaked this recipe, I have added a tsp of allspice and used Agave Nectar sugar-replacement syrup that I found in the health food section of Sainsbury's in place of the stuff I buy online, it is not as sweet so you may need to add a little extra brown sugar Splenda.

Last edited:
Again Nic these sounds amazing! mmmm

they are amaizing had one for my tea fri and another for my breakfast.
nic you need to do some costings and then i can place my order lol

Some of the ingredients look unusual, where do you buy them?

xxxx

Nic, i think you could/should do a thread just for shopping sites lol.... xx

I have tweaked the recipe a little. :D

Ok - 2 weeks running I have baked..but thats not the biggest news...the biggest news is....THESE ARE AMAZING! I got some of the quantities wrong and I dont think I used the right oatmeal so they are like cakes....we are in love with them over here in Gorton! Thanks a million phatgirl x

lol anytime ducky! im in abbey hey :p

I made them again and tweaked the recipe by adding more nuts and fruit! Hope you dont mind!

Sal x

going to try these today my hubby and kids love this new me cooking and making things they think i have woken up a domestic goddess ha ha I have been truthful though and told them that they are the recepies and ideas from the great Nic from here and they love the smoothies and tortilla pizzas so far. try them on protien bars tonight. Getting them eating healthy without them knowing it ha ha it's so easy i love it xxx

I always use my hubby as my taste tester, he is a real sugar hound and I have to hide my baking if I don't want him to eat them because he loves tastes so much!

Good luck with them and shout if you have any questions.

Nic:)

Hi Nic sorry to be a pain in the ar*e but do u have a rough idea how many cals in each bar thanks xx

Back