• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EasyJet Seatbelts....so nervous about flying!

EmmaLouise81

This is kinda OT but was afraid to put it in TRAVEL as it might just get looked over.

Ok, so in a few days I am going to Nice and flying with EasyJet.....and I am SO NERVOUS!

Not of the plane crashing or something going wrong but of the seatbelt not fitting me!

I have not been on a plane sice I was 14 and I am now 28....everyone says I have absoloutely nothing to worry about but I am.

Are the seatbelts long...what is the biggest you were when you flew on easyjet?

I am every size under the sun, I can wear size 14 cardigans, 16-18 tops and 16-20 trousers depending where they are from.

I am just very scared that I will not fit the seatbelt and it is really scary!

Any advice appreciated!

Emma

Don't worry lovely it will be fine. If your waist is a little too big for the seatbelt you will be given one of the extensions that they use for pregnant women.

I am sure you will not need one of these but if you do the staff on all the airlines are very discrete when they pass it to you, and you cannot see then once fitted.

I had to wear the extenders for years, but Like I say honey worry not you will be fine either with or without one.

Have a great time you lucky git xxx

Hun, do not worry at all.

I flew last November, i was 28 stone, and a size 32 and i was fine, just had to ask for an extension, which was no problem.

Please dont worry, just enjoy your holiday.

:) xxxxx

Now don't worry. Even if you had to ask for an extension (and I know you won't need to) nobody takes any notice.

Irene xx

Hun I'm a size 22-24 and I was fine (without an extension). It was only just about but you'll be absolutely fine!!!

As you get onto the aeroplane and show your boarding card, discretely ask the flight attendant for a belt extention, she will say "yes no problem" and bring it over to you in your seat. It's not as bad as your anticipating, trust me you'll be fine. I had the problem of my bottom not fitting into the seat but thats a whole other story lol x

I flew with easyjet pre op and was a size 24 and the seat belt was fine. I am one that when the seat belt didnt fit I wouldnt ask for an extention i would place it across me hide the end with my arm so it looked like I had it fastened

I got on an easyjet flight a month ago and they were handing loads of the belt extensions out to all sorts, so you wont be the only one, that is if you actually need one......... I felt a bit left out this year as i dont need one anymore :D

well all packed and ready to go first thing in the morning...after this thread I am not so nervous. If I need and extension I need one!

well I am back and shattered!

The belt fitted no problem!!! I have a terrible time with anxiety attacks but thankfully my new medication seemed to do the trick and although I was very nervous (especially with 2 hour delay) I did not go into full on panic mode.

Was I got into seat with belt on I was great.

I was 99% sure I wanted surgery but I am now 100%, going on holiday to a hot country just proved to me I am sure that surgery is for me. My negative feeling towards my body really came out, yes I really had a great time but I would not go on beach and I would have loved to be wearing dresses or shorts

My family even saw how certain things got to me or how situations made me feel so I am totally positive about surgery now.

Thanks for all the advice guys, appreciated it!

Hiya babe - I flew easyjet the week before my op, I was a size 26-28 then and I sqoze in without an extension. Hope that helps babe...you will be fine! x

Hahaha - I didnt realise you had gone lol! Glad it was good! x

Hi
I can totally sympathise with how you felt about being in a hot country and your family noticing certain situations that made you feel uncomfortable, i was in Spain in June with my best pal and for the 1st time ever she said she noticed that my weight was hindering me. Glad you still managed to have a good time and you had no problem with seat belt on the plane x

Back