• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

will seatbelt on airplane fit??

tink1974

i am flying for 1st time since I flew home from my surgery 5 months ago. I am over 7 1/2 stone down and from size 32 to 22/24.
I am excited and nervous at same time about whether my seatbelt will fit on the plane tomorrow.

Think I will ask stewardess for extension just in case

I doubt you will need an extension - at my biggest I was a 24/26 and flew loads of times without one.

Enjoy your holiday!

I think you will be fine, either way have a fab time

Sue xx

You'll be fine no doubt. I too was a size 32, now 22-24 and I flew last weekend without needing an extension for the belt!

hi love ,it depends on company, like everyone else im sure youl be fine ,but if not just ask for extention,its surprising how many people ask for them, and most flights dont carry many ,so get in first if need be xnot at all embaressing ,ive asked a few times on virgin flights,just have a great flight and journey xwell done with the weight loss! x

I have never needed one, size 24. so you should be fine, enjoy your holiday. I must admit the thought of sitting comfortably on an aircraft with the tray down!!! is one of my ambitions. Just interested did you mention your WLS to the insurance company and were they okay or charge an extra premium?

well the belt fitted - just about (i asked for extension both ways and didnt need to use them lol)
unfortunately it wasnt a holiday today - had to fly to glasgow for a work meeting but going on hols to spain next week.
In relation to insurance I didnt mention my surgery cos I am over 5 months out and no issues (I know i prob should have said but think i should be ok)

Back