• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating and Drinking at the same time ?

Undecided

Hi All

I'm starting to think I've now done TOO much research. lol

We were told at the first meeting that you can't eat and drink at the same time. We were told it's because if you drink you won't fit enough food in.

Is this right ? Or is it actually because drinking lets you get MORE food in ? :-(.

The same thing with protein. Why do you have to eat protein first ? I'm starting to think the official reason may not be the real reason ...

I'm starting to come across lots of sites talking about honeymoon periods, then the bypass making not much difference after a year to 18 months. Is this true ?

the reason you cant eat and drink at the same time is because
1 liquid can cause some food to swell and it then can become very painful
2 liquid flushes the food out of your pouch so you feel hungrier sooner

as for eating the protien first yes thats right along with yr fruit and veg and then carbs. as you can eat so little its important to get the most nutriciouse foods in first.

regarding failure the bypass is a tool to be worked with and follow the surgeons rules and you cant go wrong im 2 and a half yrs post op and have maintained for 18 months after loosing 12 stone. i fluctuate by 4lbs and just cut back on carbs if its not shifting through exercise.

hope that helps
carole

Back