• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating disorder clinic appointment

BlueDiamond

Hi all

I got appointment for eating disorder clinic tomorrow :rolleyes:, If anyone has any words of wisdom/tip/advice it would be most welcome, am worried I say the wrong thing lol (foot in mouth disease I get from time to time) lol

Thanks in advance - MeJulie xx:D

Eating disorder clinic.... Sheesh. :confused:

When i hear that, i automatically think of ppl who dont eat or chuck up after eating!!
Not ppl who are over weight, but i suppose it does apply to us... :eek:

Let us know what type of things they talk about when you've been... x

I was freaking out about that appointment but it really isn't anything to worry about. If yours is like mine, then you'll have to fill in a load of forms that basically cover everything including schizophrenia etc. Then she'll go through a brief history of your relationship with food and when you started putting a lot of weight on, whether it was steady or quick. She'll also ask whether you know why you have put on weight (i.e. do you eat big portions, binge eat, graze, vomit after etc (yeah right if you're like me!!)). Then she'll ask whether there has been anything traumatic in your life that may have affected the way you eat/look at food.

Basically, I was told by a friend before going in, it is like answering questions on your driving theory test. You give the answers you know they want to hear but don't always stick to it!!

I should also add, obviously they are there to help so if you think you may have issues then be 100% honest as it's easier to get the help needed before your op than it is after. However, if you're like me and wanted to laugh when they suggested the appointment then be selective with the truth!!!

Good luck!! Just take a bottle of water in with you and take a long sip when you need time to think!!!

xxx

Hi julie, can't help with the appointment Hun but just wanted to say that it's nice to see you. Let us know how you get on Hun xx

Good luck with your appointment. I'll be interested to hear how you get on 'cos I'm sure I'll have to go down a similar path.

Hi Julie - be honest and tell them about your relationship with food - what triggers binges if you have them plus if you have an issue with portion control etc. I always described it as 'my off switch being stuck in the on position' - never full, constantly grazing and eating at least two peoples portions in one go. Eating Disorders take many forms - not just being bulimic or anorexic. Prime example - my boss has a phobia of being sick which controls everything she puts in her mouth. Good luck and tell them everything - unburden yourself!

Good luck with your appointment and hope to hear how you have got on.

Love Mini xxx

Back