• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally something to share (good news)

BlueDiamond

Hi everyone hope your all having a nice weekend.

I have now received my appointment for the food eating clinic (consultant Psychiatrist) 1st Dec 2009, and another appointment for surgeon 15th Jan 2010 ...........Now I know why the appointment got changed in the first place.............................so basically it all rests on the surgeon wether he feels I am a worthy candidate.

I have been informed for my area that a bmi between 35-40 (with comborbidites which I have all of them :()

asthma
hypertension
acid reflux
fatty liver
osteoarthritis both knees
pcos
High Cholestrol

and you still get considered for surgery, All I can do is wait and see, I seem to be going down the same route as everyone else, and I know nothing is for definate until surgeon says yes and funding is in place. All I can do is the waiting game :rolleyes:, Not building my hopes up though as I know how quickly things can go the other way. ;)

If anyone out there can give me an insight on how the appointments normally pan out with consultant psychiatrist (what kind of things they ask/do etc) I would be most grateful, as I never ever attended anything like this before in my life, and just a little worried I might say/do the wrong thing and blow me chances :D with the foot in mouth disease I have from time to time :p....

Thanks in Advance for reading - MeJulie xx

oh wow great news bet your proper chuffed i never had to see pyschiatrist so i dont know there procedure but have seen them in past for other things and my only advice is be really really truthfull as they always can tell and also it will give you the best help

Hi Julie,
Good news indeed-
Only 3 weeks on Tuesday until your first appoint

Back