• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating Out Post Sleeve

Thanks Kazzer,
That was really useful. You are fortunate that you can happily get lots of variety in what you can eat and can take the odd treat. Its great to see what others can eat.

The BBQ food was eaten over a period of around 3 hours. The La Tasca food was eaten over about 2 hours. Just want to make clear as it appears that I am giving out unsafe information...

Oh and I should mention that I normally leave lots on my plate which is a huge thing for me as I would have never left or thrown out food from my plate or even anyone else's. It feels very liberating to be okay with leaving food behind.

This whole journey for me is about living as normally as possible.

Not sure how much some of you used to eat, but these are very small portions for me and there is no way that I am stretching stomach back out. I know that this could happen over time, but as you get used to your sleeve you know when you've had enough.

Sorry, but I am still hugely impressed with the tool that the sleeve has given me. I never thought a day would come when a bite of chicken, a prawn and SMALL piece of cake would satisfy me in the slightest.

And I love that I don't feel conspicuous when out with friends and family.

I welcome other opinions though and like hearing about other people, their thoughts and their journeys.

Hi Kazzer,

Please remember you are sharing your own personal experience here, you are not instructing others to do as you do so please dont worry that you are giving out unsafe information.

There is a big difference in what some people 'can' eat and what you 'should' be eating!

To say 'I can eat and drink at the same time ok' is great, everyone will be able to, but it's not what you're supposed to do!

Same as having cake! I dare say that the majority of us didn't suddenly think 'I'm going to eat half a cake'. It starts by having one slice, then 2 slices and before you know it, you're heading down the slippery slope again!

Your message has struck a chord with me.

Perhaps I have been getting caught up whilst still in the honeymoon period.

I am trying to make life changes that are sustainable for...well forever. My theory has been that everything in moderation is the way to go.

But what you just said about the difference between 'what I can eat' and 'what I should eat' stings a little.

I have some real thinking to do.

Back