• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating out ideas? Feel free to add :)

phatmomma

Hi so i went the pictures with himself at teatime and afterwards we were hungry so decided Nando's would be a good choice...

Had a chicken wing platter to share with 2 sides. We chose mash and a rice dish...

I managed 2 chicken wings and some mash (am not daft enough to have rice yet) and have to say it was delish... After letting Trev eat my leftover 3 wings i noticed you can take a doggy bag home!

So if you fancy a treat this is a good idea, i felt like a 'normal' person and didn't feel like the world was watching to see what i ate :) Next time i'm having a doggy bag :)

Oh yes and apparently they do a fat free yoghurt for dessert but i didn't try this..

Have you found anywhere good for eating out post op?

Have to admit been avoiding eating out but going out as a family for lunch on Saturday think were going to pizza hut and I know I am going to have problems I dont think I will be able to eat anything

Tapas places work well as you can have a couple of small plates and try different flavours, without having too much leftovers. I've not found anywhere I couldn't find something on the menu I could eat happily yet though! Frankie & Bennies are great about changing portion sizes, they will do most of their main courses as a starter size and happily change things around. TGI fridays are similar.

Oooh i love TGI Fridays, but think it might have something to do with the Jack Daniels sauce :)

Deepblue i have to say i managed about 3/4 of a small slice of pizza at my daughters b/day party last week but i am usually good with bread anyway... Check out their menu online (i'm sure they have one) and see what may be suitable, otherwise see if people mind changing the venue. There may be a few adults who'd like a change and most pubs n places have nice kids menus nowadays :) x

Thanks Julie I asked them to change but my oldest boy has aspergers and Pizza Hut is one of the only places he will go but I have a plan.

I think pizza hut is great! My husband and I order a pizza to share (off the menu that comes with the salad bar) and I eat the salad and he eats the pizza. Sometimes (if we are in a discreet corner) I will peel the cheese and topping off of a slice of pizza. The salad bar in pizza hut is lovely nowadays, it has olives, and houmous and lovely dressings.... yummy. If he doesn't want to eat off that menu, I usually just have one of the kids salads, as they generally don't want it.

There is a fusion restaurant around here, and we go occassionally and order off the banquet menu rather than individual meals, that way it all gets piled in the middle and you just take as much or as little as you want from each dish.

And I second the Tapas, it's perfect for us!

I LOVE eating out.

Rx

I have a plan to put a tupperware tub in the boot of my car... In future there will be no more leaving food or making himself eat it all xx

Girls and guys I just want to say THANKYOU for this thread.

Eating out is a big part of my life (sad I know but :D that's me) and it's one of the things hubby and I have both been really concerned about.

Now I know it doesn't have to be completely a thing of the past I'm feeling much happier.
I LOVE the pizza hut salads too! :D

had tapas in Durham on Wednesday and it was LURVLY and I felt really virtuous coz I ordered potatoes in tomato sauce but when they came they were deep fried so I gave them to hubby!

But tapas is a great idea! :D

Deepblue, I was in Pizzahut a couple of weeks ago and took the waitress aside and said i'd had a gastric bypass and could only eat a childs portion and she was fine about it, I ordered the kids tuna and sweetcorn pasta, ate all the sauce, tuna and a few odd bits of sweetcorn and my boyfriend ate the pasta for me, hope this helps

Well we stopped in a Little Chef and I was disappointed with the menu there, I had a cup of tea, the OH had chicken in a bun with chips and my MIL had omelette. They gave me an extra fork and I just ate a small slice of the chicken some of both of their salad.

They didnt seem to mind that I didnt order a meal, and I am still trying to get out of the mind set that I can leave things.

We also went to a pub where the food was delicious, but I knew the portion sizes there were enormous. So again there were four of us and we only ordered three meals and I picked a bit off each plate. My friends were great and even sharing 3 meals between 4 there was still loads left over.

Julie a friend of mind told me she always takes a tuppaware box and takes home any left overs, think that is what I am gonna do in future. She also got some kind of voucher off the internet, which she gives to the waitress, it says something like "I have had stomach surgery and can only eat childs portions" and evidentially they are all fine about this, not seen them though.

Note to myself........ You are allowed to leave food..... LOL

I'm meeting up with a whole load of friends for a meal one night next week - only one of them knows I've had WLS. I was dreading it as the original restaurant choices weren't that good for me - Ive only been back on solid food for 2 weeks. Fortunately, thanks to the vegetarian amongst us, we are now going to a Moroccan restaurant which will be a bit like having tapas. Anyone know if I can eat couscous ??

I'm fine with couscous. It is tiny pasta basically so don't have too much as it will fill you up.

We've been to Yo Sushi for lunch today with a few other post oppers and that is always a great choice. Healthy, fresh and you can just have 2 or 3 plates and not feel like you're leaving loads or wasting money.

Well ended up in Mcdonalds because Pizza Hut was to busy I ended up drinking a slimfast and once I explianed why to the manager who came over with the buy food or get out speach (Even though we had 4 kids meals and the wifes food on the table) I was told it was fine.

Well we went the cinema with a wls buddy and after we popped into subway, i had a 6 inch (oooerrr dottychic it was not what you think) tuna lite mayo with cheese n salad, took over half home with me and yes you're right the OH ate it :) Next time i'm going to share one with my wls buddy and that way himself doesn't get overfed :) xx

I'm fine with couscous. It is tiny pasta basically so don't have too much as it will fill you up.

We've been to Yo Sushi for lunch today with a few other post oppers and that is always a great choice. Healthy, fresh and you can just have 2 or 3 plates and not feel like you're leaving loads or wasting money.

I love the Sashimi in Yo Sushi - its just tuna, salmon and Nigri without rice and I can more or less eat most of it - loaded with protein and lush :p

It takes one to know one :) xxx

Pizza Hut will box to go with no problem here in Milton keynes and Nprthampton. I usually have the platter of 3 starters when everyone else has their main, eat what I can and box the rest for OH. They also do salads for mains which are nice and the salad bar is good. If you can tolerate sugar they do mini cheesecakes which are lovely and tiny with a coffee.

Most places seem good with the 'just had op on my tum' explanation and serve smaller portions or starters only locally

M

Back