• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving on to Solids - Sleeve

JoJoTGirl

Hi all. I am 2 weeks post op and getting along fine with purees (no sickness or irritation etc). I am wondering a what exact stage others with a sleeve started trying to introduce solids? The info from my care team says 4-6 weeks. Is is best to try at 4 weeks or wait til 6???? I have a wedding to attend with a 2 night overnight stay in a hotel in 4 weeks time so am wondering if I should try earlier rather than later. Please share your timescales and experiences fellow sleevers. I have also had a fobi ring fitted and am not sure if this will make any difference to the introduction of solids.............I shouldn't think so as I think it's the same circumference as my sleeve to start with and only pulls in like a band as the sleev stretches out a bit. Help!? Thanks.:confused:

:thread_moved: moved from banders to sleevers section, so hopefully someone will be along soon who can help :)

Proper solids were 6 weeks for me. I wouldn't suggest doing it earlier as you don't want to risk a leak. At the wedding you can just eat soft foods like soup, potato etc. also when I went on to solids my portions were tiny!! Like 3 tsp.

You are the first sleever I've come across with a fobi ring. How come they did that?

Thanks for the advice. I did think it would be best not to rush it. The Fobi is there to stop long term regain as in the event of my sleeve stretching in years to come, there will be a permanent obstruction there............like a gastric band. My surgeon advised (and I did read up alot about it) that they are seeing more and more people needing revision surgery a few years down the line and since I freely acknowledged to him that I was an out and out addict with little control in place before surgery, he thought it was a good idea. It's very new in this country I know, but I decided that rgeain could be a real risk for me.

I've heard about it for bypasses but sleeves. Very interesting.

Back