• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating post bypass when back at work??

didi

I'm due to have my op on 13th Oct and I'm struggling to come up with suitable meals to take when I finally go back to work as we don't have anywhere to warm up food. I usually have salad/sarnies etc but they'll be a thing of the past.

Anyone gone back to work at about 6 weeks post op and can offer suggestions I would be very grateful.

Lynda (DiDi):confused::confused:

Hi Lynda

I'm lucky as we have a kitchen at work. But at 6 weeks I was eating cheese and crackers etc. So that's an idea. Pasta and tuna? That's quite nice plus the Splendips are very good. Just the Nacho one and the Flatbread one as the other 2 I have seen are high in sugar and fat. Slimfast shakes are also ideal. It all depends on how quickly you have moved on and what you can manage :D

HTH

great question and I'm looking forward to the replies. Im going back next Thursday at 4 1/2 weeks post op and unsure of what to take in for lunch/snacks.

Instead of taking sandwiches - I've been taking a thick slice of ham, filling it with grated cheese, coleslaw and rolling it up. It kind of looks like a wrap and it's yummy :)

Also, you can have hot food at work. Buy a small flask then you can put things like soup, mince etc in there. :)

I thought I would have trouble but seem to have found weird alternatives :)

xxx

Hi didi, what about getting a food flask, you can get them in TK Maxx/Debenhams etc usually around £10, they are great for keeping food hot...stew, chunky soup, spag bol, chilli, chicken curry etc
I bought one when my sister was in hospital as the food was crap and it was the best thing I ever bought

The flasks are a great idea. Haven't seen the food type flasks for quite a while so thought they had gone out of fashion.

Will definitely go hunting for one soon.

Lynda

ASDA has quite a good range of flasks if that helps? I am lucky too as have a kitchen. Do you work anywhere where a microwave could be put? Is it a possibility to suggest? XXXXXX

Back