• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Work...

juliaoz01

Okay, deep breath! After a lot of confusion and being told no op isn't confirmed, I get a letter in post today and inside is a pre op diet sheet, that's it. So, I'm totally confused and ring them only To find secretary I speak to has gone on holiday. The secretary I speak too says yes that dates confirmed and you won't have received a letter as shes away. She said I'll get a letter this week and I'll go in on Friday but no time for a pre assessment. She said they'll do everything there and if anything shows up they'd cancel it then.

Ok, so things are looking good, I'm stoked it's going ahead but I'm totally stressing about work. I know it's a bit daft but I am. I told my manager I would have to go in at some point but don't know when and said was for gall bladder. He hasn't mentioned it since and I hadn't as I hadn't heard, now he's gone on holiday and I'm covering for two weeks. It'll just be a week overlap but I'm stressing telling hr as they can be a bit off, and paranoid they'll be funny about it. What are other peoples experience concerning short notice on ops and work? I work as an accountant so they're already going to be peeved I'll miss month end (again daft I know!) and not looking forward to coming back! I don't like my job at all, I'm looking for something else and I know I shouldn't care what they think or do but I can't help it. Just after a bit of advice before it over shadows hopefully an amazing new start x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

What would they do if you were rushed into hospital for a medical emergency tomorrow? You will get a sick note from the docs, if you're worried about them being 'off' tell them in writing so you don't have to deal with their reaction. You can say you're given short notice but as its an nhs op and therefore medically necessary, they have no choice but to support you.

She said I'll get a letter this week and I'll go in on Friday but no time for a pre assessment. She said they'll do everything there and if anything shows up they'd cancel it then.

I received a call on the Monday to be admitted Friday, but still managed to have my pre-op with only 3 days notice. I was also asked for my e-mail address and received correspondence about pre-op diet with that.
Good luck

Thanks, I know I'm probably just stressing unnecessarily. I think I just care too much about what people are going to say about being off but this is so important to me I know I should just be focusing on that.

Got a pre op letter today after all
That for Wednesday so looks like all systems go! x

Thank you, I can't believe it will all be done this time next week! I've got a beautiful dress in my wardrobe - wonder how long it will be til I get to wear it! ?

Back