• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating post op.

Big an Bouncy

Im trying to slow my eating down and chew it more,to get used to eating differently after surgery.I catch myself chew,chew swallow still cant slow it down.I just know ill end up with something stuck and in pain!How did you prepare yourselves,I cant be the only piggy!Maz x:sigh:

No your not the only piggy
chew,chew swallow
is a very good description! Await with anticipation.

Sorry I should have said you are not a piggy!!!:sign0007:

I found it very difficult Maz, and still do sometimes! I have have food stuck a couple of times and its usually when Im not concentrating on eating. You have to think about the food you are putting in your mouth all the time. After your op you will do that more and as the portions are smaller you wont scoop food in the way I used to pre-op. All you can do is keep trying, the more you do the better prepared you will be :D XX

Hi Maz,

I'm thinking I am a piggy, because I'm able to eat fast and just get some tight pain... I keep forgetting and I've been glugging drinks...!

So just told myself a smaller spoon and little sips... it's so easy to forget...

I'm living on clear soups, bovril, sf jelly, nas, water, low fat horlicks and having milk coffee with extra marvel for protein.

Bowels doing well.

I am getting used to the strange feeling in the tum and tiny saucers of food... I feel like a kitten .... haha...

When are you scheduled for your op Maz Angel, I'm feeling so out of touch and can't keep pace with the posts on here as I'm sleeping a lot.

Love you xxx

tiny saucers of food... I feel like a kitten ....

AWWE The image is SO CUTE!!!!!!

Try to just listen to your tummy, pause between bites and as soon as you start to feel satisfied, stop.

It makes it easier not to gannet your food if you use the pencil top rubber rule. Each bite should be no bigger than a pencil top rubber.

There is a good thread in the introduce yourself section asking for your top tip for pre-oppers, have you looked there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm going to take a peep, old habits of bolting food... have to go and I'm working on it!

When should I think of whey protein?

Love and hugs xxx

If you want to use it to help healing, straight away. It's liquid so fine on the liquid stage, unless you have to do a clear liquid stage first. From the very beginning try to get protein in even on liquids, as it is vital for muscle repair and healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'll get some from Asda and I'm also adding extra marvel to milk, thanks precious and hope you are ok too xxx

this worries me too. when i'm thirsty i gulp down fluids and it's going to be really hard to slow that down.

I know I love to get a large glass of pop and drink till I cant breathe!Whats that all about.love it when your eyes are watering with the fizz!Will have to stop buying pop.Hubby says Ive got a swallow like a docker!

Back