• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TIME TO ADMIT!!..Im struggling this week!!!..

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi folks!

time to confess..not been on here much this week,as Im struggling a bit!
Apart from the sickness which Ive had,and got sickness tablets(which seem to be helping)..
I keep getting food stuck!
I KNOW...chew chew chew,but I am trying to do this but its happened twice this week where Ive must of slipped and not done it enough.
The pain after..is horrid.
I want to tell myself im not this little piggy rushing food because Im hungry,its a life learnt habit of just eating,and of course after the operation we just cant eat the same way.
Its going to take time to learn to eat very slowly and chew the living daylight out of my foods.
Ive just come on here,hopefully for you kind folks to remeber back when you was 7 weeks post op,and tell me this happened to you,and in time you will learn.
As at the minute Im wondering can you ever eat normal food again without it getting stuck.
please cheer me up!!! xxxxxxxx:rolleyes:

Hi Emma love sorry your having difficulties.
Im pre op but im really worried about the chew chew chew. I eat fast and im worried in case i forget to chew lots.
Its all a new learning experience i know but i know its going to be difficult too.
I should start practising now i know but its like everything and i havent.
I hope you get this sorted out very soon from the advise of the post oppers, and ill look out for any tips. xxxx

No it didn't happen to me but I took my stages VERY slowly......ate very soft casseroled meat....and chewed for England......

do you need to review what you're eating? I even counted my chews in my head! at least 20!

Also I use a little child's fork so as to limit the amount/bite size I put in my mouth. Or I use a teaspoon.
Worth a try?

hi charis and sugga,

Im using a childs spoon at the minute,and the foods that got stuck was tuna and chicken..Im combining my softer foods with plenty of soups too,as I want not to rush things,my dietican said this was a good idea Im doing this.
I know its me not taking ennough time to chew!
oh charis,thanks for the rep hit x

Reactions: Bev
I'm only a week ahead of you hun but I keep doing it too. Only today I ate my chicken sandwich too fast and got horrible indigestion.

We are changing years and years of bad eating habits - it's going to take a while to get it right.

hi charis and sugga,

Im using a childs spoon at the minute,and the foods that got stuck was tuna and chicken..Im combining my softer foods with plenty of soups too,as I want not to rush things,my dietican said this was a good idea Im doing this.
I know its me not taking ennough time to chew!
oh charis,thanks for the rep hit x

All I can suggest then pet is counting the chews in your head! sing a song to it in your head? LOL you must think I'm crazy, but it worked for me!
You're welcome honey. xxxx

thanks karen,

its so good to hear Im not the only one who keeps doing it,my partner trys to help by telling me,but its easy said than done x

I've asked Paul to remind me at the evening meal about getting full. I said "Just say to me half way through, "Can you eat much more?" and it will make me stop and think." I don't have a problem with eating too much the rest of the day but I have a few times with the evening meal.

Ive just done that about half an hour ago Emma, I came in and was quitr hungry so I ate 2 pieces of boiled hame and I didnt chew enough and now Ive got pain! Serves me right ! It is really hard breaking habits we have had for so long :D Good luck with chew chew chewing! XX

I was a bit like this last week, had 3 sicky episodes and it really put me off. However I read somewhere to use a teaspoon or a baby fork and just put food on the end of it, as much as in your little finger nail bed. It seems a TEEEEEEEEEEENY amount, but then if I chew as WELL, its not happened since... xx

Reactions: Bev
Hi Em...

I do hope you are starting to feel a little better by now Angel... it's such early days and it's all going to be worthwhile... we were talking earlier in the week about using the slow cooker to slowly cook and tenderise meat.... hope you find what is just right for you precious....

Sending love and hugs as always xxx

thanks everyone,

I wouldnt change me having this operation for the world!
But I have just got to learn new eating habits,Im the person who wants it NOW..but now its going to time for a change.
Thanks to you all,Im very grateful x

Hi Em...

I do hope you are starting to feel a little better by now Angel... it's such early days and it's all going to be worthwhile... we were talking earlier in the week about using the slow cooker to slowly cook and tenderise meat.... hope you find what is just right for you precious....

Sending love and hugs as always xxx

thanks bev,

your such a special person x
thanks for my rep hit xxx

Hi Emma, I'm nearly 6 wks post op and havent been sick but i do get really bad pain when i eat, (not all the time) tonight i had noodles and had about 3 mouth fulls before the pain hit me. Its like trapped wind and intergestion, so i have to walk about to make it go away. I too think im not chewing enough but its so hardnto change these bad habbits we have. I'm glad im not the only one who is having this problem although i wish i wasnt as it seems i will never be able to eat more than 3 mouth fulls.:(

What I did in the early days was get my food on a small plate with a small spoon Set the game up BEDAZZLED you get 1 minute to complete a round. So I popped some food in and played 2 rounds before I popped another spoon ful in lol. Worked for me.

I still get stuff stuck and get pains in my chest and sometimes have to be sick to remove it, and Im nearly 2 years out lol

hi folks!

time to confess..not been on here much this week,as Im struggling a bit!
Apart from the sickness which Ive had,and got sickness tablets(which seem to be helping)..
I keep getting food stuck!
I KNOW...chew chew chew,but I am trying to do this but its happened twice this week where Ive must of slipped and not done it enough.
The pain after..is horrid.
I want to tell myself im not this little piggy rushing food because Im hungry,its a life learnt habit of just eating,and of course after the operation we just cant eat the same way.
Its going to take time to learn to eat very slowly and chew the living daylight out of my foods.
Ive just come on here,hopefully for you kind folks to remeber back when you was 7 weeks post op,and tell me this happened to you,and in time you will learn.
As at the minute Im wondering can you ever eat normal food again without it getting stuck.
please cheer me up!!! xxxxxxxx:rolleyes:

take it easy honey. don't be too hard on yourself.
you'll get there and as with everything we have to learn - best do it slowly. Sending you lots of :vibes:

Back