• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating slowly

pistachio

Hi all
I'm still trying to make up my mind about having a sleeve. Although my weight isn't as high as some, I have numerous other health issues, and surgery now looks like the only way I'm going to get back to a healthy weight.
I'm curious to know whether, after having a sleeve, you always have to eat very slowly, for the rest of your life. Or is this just as your body recovers/adjusts?
Also, how much are you able to drink? A mug of tea? Is that too much?
Any other advice would be appreciated.
Ta ta
L

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

You won't be able to rush food, which ever option you chose. Many people stick by the 20, 20, 20 rule. 20 pence piece size, chewed 20 times and stop eating after 20 minutes.

You soon get used to it and it becomes second nature. If you don't eat slowly and chew properly, you run the risk of being sick - not good!

I can drink a mug of coffee, not tea as I've completely gone off it, but not in one go.

My advice would always be to research, research and then research some more.

Good luck with your decision, it has to be the right one for you :D

Sunshine99

@Mazza , I've never heard of the 20,20,20 rule before. Will try to implement that myself after surgery. Thanks.

Toni:rainbow: