• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stuck I need some help please

Monalisa

I converted band to sleeve in January at my check up beginning of June they said I'd lost 44% of my excess weight total 2 stone 10 lb and we're pleased with my progress ahead of target since then I have lost nothing in fact prob gained a pound. I haven't Been on here because I'm so disheartened and hoping this isn't it for me weigh loss wise ? as a fairly new sleever I'm at a loss of what to do as a bander I would have booked a fill gone on liquids etc. A two month stall seems a lifetime!
Any help advice appreciated
Hope everyone's ok
Thank you x

Hi Monalisa. I know it can be disheartening but you have to find a routine that's going to work. Sometimes it just needs a change in eating habits and exercise. Everyone is different and they do say sometimes when you change from band to sleeve the weight does not come off like someone who just had a sleeve. What is your total loose since sleeve in Jan?

Hey monalisa ! glad you've come back on here ..
We have all stalled and it's so disheartening isn't it .. All I can suggest is that you go right back to basics to jump start the loss again .. I've been on a 3 week stall and decided to take it right back to almost the pre op diet .. I've done it for a week and it seems to have worked as I dropped a nice amount of weigh this week ..
Another suggestion is to take your protein intake right up , double it if you can . Solid proteins like meat , food you have to chew and eat not protein drinks if you can help it ..
Also cut all carbs out , everything . This has worked for me as I am such a carb junkie I don't even notice when my carb intake is creeping up ..
Also an essential for me is to keep a food diary and write everything little thing down ..
I hope we can help you out of this slump
Xxxxxx

Hi Monalisa, glad to see you posting again. I only thought about you the otehr day as you were a great support to me in the early days of my sleeve. Please dont feel disheartened and not wanting to post, we are all here to support each other through the ups and downs. Do you think that your eating enough? Why don't you post a food diary on here for a couple of days. What about your shape, has that changed, have you lost inches? My consultant told me not to focus too much on the weight as he said when I start to exercise my body may gain weight. x

Hi everyone thanks for your kind words I've lost 2stone 10 since sleeve in January I Am still about 1 stone 10 off the weight I got to with my band and was hoping for another 3 stone in total I am just panicking as I've had an 8 week stall ! I have always been a picker so know this is my downfall I've booked into to see the dietician next thurs for a review and agree maybe I need to go back to basics and write a food diary down. My main worry is if this it for me this time as obviously it can't be altered as,a band can Mrs noodles you have overtaken me! Maybe it's true re the band sleeve thing sunshine i had thought about that how were you getting on and thanks Mindy as positive as ever Xx

Hi everyone thanks for your kind words I've lost 2stone 10 since sleeve in January I Am still about 1 stone 10 off the weight I got to with my band and was hoping for another 3 stone in total I am just panicking as I've had an 8 week stall ! I have always been a picker so know this is my downfall I've booked into to see the dietician next thurs for a review and agree maybe I need to go back to basics and write a food diary down. My main worry is if this it for me this time as obviously it can't be altered as,a band can Mrs noodles you have overtaken me! Maybe it's true re the band sleeve thing sunshine i had thought about that how were you getting on and thanks Mindy as positive as ever Xx
Hi. I'm doing ok. Am 7 weeks 3days post op and my total loss from surgery is 15kg which is 2.36 stone. Am trying to stick to my post op plan. I have now also gone back to walking. My target is at least 10000 steps a day. I can only go back to doing Zumba at 10 weeks.

Hi. I'm doing ok. Am 7 weeks 3days post op and my total loss from surgery is 15kg which is 2.36 stone. Am trying to stick to my post op plan. I have now also gone back to walking. My target is at least 10000 steps a day. I can only go back to doing Zumba at 10 weeks.
Well done Sunshine did you put much of the weight you lost with your band back on? How much do you want to loose ? Xx

Well done Sunshine did you put much of the weight you lost with your band back on? How much do you want to loose ? Xx
I had put on the 2 stone I have lost. My target is 80kg. It's the same target I had for the band so I hope I get there.

I had put on the 2 stone I have lost. My target is 80kg. It's the same target I had for the band so I hope I get there.
Fingers crossed have you a long way to go to reach targeting about 3 stone off target but would be happy with two if it came down too it even though I'm struggling at mo my quality of
Life is much better with the sleeve than the band x

Last edited:
Fingers crossed has be you a long way to go I'm about 3 stone off target but would be happy with two if it came down too it even though I'm struggling at mo my quality of
I've is much better with the sleeve than the band x
I definitely agree. Quality of life is much better. No food getting stuck and no vomiting.

SOooo good to see you back posting hunni... i thnk its common to be a slower loss after a convertion .... there was a lady on here a year or so ago who went from band to bypass and her losses were very slow and steady...... keep the faith hunni..... i think our bodies will always settle in its own 'happy place' i think making goals sometimes piles on the preasure and as a result leaves us feeling dissheartened , its yet another viccious cycle ..... embrace the losses youve had so far :) as others have said, get back to basics, its amazing how easy it is to let the odd thing in and not even realise how it mounts up.

Now sit back :) pat yourself on the back for a wonderful achievement and have faith your body will get to where its happy..... dont let goals get you down...... look to the positives instead :)

Good to see you x x x x take care sweetheart

Back